exeter Watch

This discussion is closed.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
has anyone ever been here/ seen the uni/ seen the town...

please any info would be useful...

thanx

love Katy ***l
Dam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes the city is very nice and so is the uni, why are you thinking of going there? If so then do it, come join me, ollie and kates!
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
has anyone ever been here/ seen the uni/ seen the town...
please any info would be useful...
Exeter seems a nice town- it's less than an hour from the coast and has quite good shops- lots of chain-store type shops- woolworths, WHSmith, Waterstones (for all for study-book needs ) etc etc etc along with clothes and bits and bobs etc...don't know if there's a seperate sort of bit with pubs and clubs etc?
Last time we went we had a quick look at the uni because my sister was considering it- some of it was nice-looking and some of it was not so nice looking but I didn't go inside anywhere...

Erm...yeah well you'll prob want to check out their site and look at a prospectus or something

Someone here'll probably have some more informatic details

Good luck with everything...
Juliap
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I went to the uni on an open day, v nice. Not many parking spaces if u wanna take ur car, the science blocks aren't very up to date, reminded me of my old school where the labs hadn't been updated since the 70's... Some nice equipment though. Also stayed in the uni accomodation during easter holidays with my brass band, very nice. i had an en-suite room with a double bed, kitchen shared between 6 which was huge, then a lounge which was also huge with a tv and video player. That was in Rowe house, near cornwall house on the east side of the campus as u look at the map. Ummm, not a lot else to say, lots of hills, the sports centre is on top of a hill. To make u warm up presumably! Anyway I'm sure u'll enjoy it there, one of my mates is goign to do psychology there.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I was at Uni of Plymouth, Exmouth campus and loved the whole area. Exeter is great. Not expensive and very friendly people. Lots of military men if you're into that kind of thing (it's how I met my boyfriend!). My brother has been accepted into Exeter so he's well chuffed.

If you're going there you will have a lovely time. Make sure you pop into the Warehouse and Timepiece clubs, and go to Samantha's in Exmouth for a good laugh and to pull some marines! ;-)
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Juliap)
Also stayed in the uni accomodation during easter holidays with my brass band, very nice. i had an en-suite room with a double bed, kitchen shared between 6 which was huge, then a lounge which was also huge with a tv and video player.
Wow! But I doubt that the majority of campus accomodation would be like that!?!
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Wow! But I doubt that the majority of campus accomodation would be like that!?!
I doubt it too, but it really ought to be for £98 per week in halls!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
If you're going there you will have a lovely time. Make sure you pop into the Warehouse and Timepiece clubs, and go to Samantha's in Exmouth for a good laugh and to pull some marines! ;-)
Warehouse is great! Cheesy 70s, as well as modern stuff in the other half!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Warehouse is great! Cheesy 70s, as well as modern stuff in the other half!
yeah katie, its really nice, really really nice. i found it also one of the most friendly universities and the courses were great.

if you do come, as dam say's ull be joining me kates and him!
sas104
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I live in Exeter - have done for 10 years.
It's a great city!Lots to do - cinema, pubs, clubs, good selection of shops and friendly people.
The University is well placed near a favourite pub with students - The Imperial.
Also quite close to the sea and Dartmoor is beautiful if you are an outdoor person.
Exeter Uni is also well respected and the courses are meant to be good.
Hope you find it good if you come here.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egan1)
Exeter seems a nice town- it's less than an hour from the coast and has quite good shops- lots of chain-store type shops- woolworths, WHSmith, Waterstones (for all for study-book needs ) etc etc etc along with clothes and bits and bobs etc...don't know if there's a seperate sort of bit with pubs and clubs etc?
Last time we went we had a quick look at the uni because my sister was considering it- some of it was nice-looking and some of it was not so nice looking but I didn't go inside anywhere...

Erm...yeah well you'll prob want to check out their site and look at a prospectus or something

Someone here'll probably have some more informatic details

Good luck with everything...

as long as i can shop....i'll be happy!!!
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
yupeeeeee i just got my clearing entyr number so.....i can* come to exeter!!!!!!!

see you there ollie kate dam and unregerstered brother...and sas...you'll have to show us around!

love Katy ***

* on the condition that the maths department say yes....i await theyre phone call next week!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yupeeeeee i just got my clearing entyr number so.....i can* come to exeter!!!!!!!

see you there ollie kate dam and unregerstered brother...and sas...you'll have to show us around!

love Katy ***

* on the condition that the maths department say yes....i await theyre phone call next week!
see u there! hope my clearing thread was usefull!

ollie
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
what course are you all doing??

love Katy ***
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what course are you all doing??

love Katy ***
Ollie and I are both doing mech engineering (in a spooky kinda coincidence), I forget what kates is doing, might be chemistry?

Are you doing maths then?
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dam)
Ollie and I are both doing mech engineering (in a spooky kinda coincidence), I forget what kates is doing, might be chemistry?

Are you doing maths then?

maths statistics and operational research.

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
will i get any choice in which hall im at do you think???

have you been allocated yet??

love Katy ***
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
will i get any choice in which hall im at do you think???

have you been allocated yet??

love Katy ***
I haven't heard anything yet, though I've asked for self-catering. You probably won't get a choice though.

Are you definate for exeter now, or are you still waiting to hear?
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dam)
I haven't heard anything yet, though I've asked for self-catering. You probably won't get a choice though.

Are you definate for exeter now, or are you still waiting to hear?

im still waiting....im still waiting for my clearing pack from ucas...which i have to have before i can even start applying!!!

but i think they'll keep a space for me....coz they sounded like they really wanted me!!

love Katy ***
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Katy I've tried to reply to your message but it says your inbox is full.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%