Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20029533

Has anyone ever suffered from this? I think I am currently - going through some investigations for a completely unrelated symptom, the results of which I'm extremely anxious about.

Like lightning 4 nights ago, I had a nightmare and woke up feeling a strange buzzing sensation in my right leg, which now moves between the 2 legs, and sometimes feels like pins and needles.

I also had a "lump in throat" feeling that I was terrified about as was convinced there was something there, and it's pretty much gone now and been replaced by the leg thing!

Has anyone else had this, and been aware of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20029533

Has anyone ever suffered from this? I think I am currently - going through some investigations for a completely unrelated symptom, the results of which I'm extremely anxious about.

Like lightning 4 nights ago, I had a nightmare and woke up feeling a strange buzzing sensation in my right leg, which now moves between the 2 legs, and sometimes feels like pins and needles.

I also had a "lump in throat" feeling that I was terrified about as was convinced there was something there, and it's pretty much gone now and been replaced by the leg thing!

Has anyone else had this, and been aware of it?
    I have health anxiety and there's a lot of overlap between that and what you've described. I'm very aware of tiny changes in my body which created a vicious cycle of anxiety.

See a therapist if you feel like it's getting too much.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    I have health anxiety and there's a lot of overlap between that and what you've described. I'm very aware of tiny changes in my body which created a vicious cycle of anxiety.

See a therapist if you feel like it's getting too much.
    Thanks for your advice, I was thinking the same thing re getting some help. Do you find the more you worry about it, the worse it gets and then you just feel worse and worse and more worried that it's something bad? I feel that way. But then I can watch a TV programme and not even notice the feeling during it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for your advice, I was thinking the same thing re getting some help. Do you find the more you worry about it, the worse it gets and then you just feel worse and worse and more worried that it's something bad? I feel that way. But then I can watch a TV programme and not even notice the feeling during it!
    Yep definitely. I had cbt and one of the things he taught me was to find things you are interested in and enjoy to fill in the gaps where you would otherwise focus on your bodily changes. Where your attention is plays a big part in whether you notice these things or not. Yeah definitely have a chat with a counsellor or your GP to make a decision about what you can do to help manage this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.