Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my prom on Friday and I don't know what colour to do my nails? Not a big issue but I can't decide

My dress is black with copper/bronze panels along the front and back. I'm wearing neutral makeup and an eyeshadow a similar colour to my dress accents.

I'd also like to paint my toes which are visible. My shoes are black and I'm wearing a few rose gold rings

I'd like to go with a colour that suits the overall ~~theme~~ but I don't want to be too matchy-matchy

((I was considering going with an accent colour, but when I asked my sister for an opinion on that she pulled a face))

ReputationRep:
    I think white french tips would look good if you are gettng acrylics.
    If not, then I think light pink would look nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madookl)
    I have my prom on Friday and I don't know what colour to do my nails? Not a big issue but I can't decide

My dress is black with copper/bronze panels along the front and back. I'm wearing neutral makeup and an eyeshadow a similar colour to my dress accents.

I'd also like to paint my toes which are visible. My shoes are black and I'm wearing a few rose gold rings

I'd like to go with a colour that suits the overall ~~theme~~ but I don't want to be too matchy-matchy

((I was considering going with an accent colour, but when I asked my sister for an opinion on that she pulled a face))
    painting your nails in that manner goes against EU nail-painting directive 235/2004

you will have to clear that with Brussels, at least until we are finally out

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure a copper/bronze colour would go well?

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE: decided on a forrest green for fingernails, and charcoal for my toenails, which you cant even see much of in my shoes

ReputationRep:
    I guess french both on nails and toenails would be an ideal solution to suit your overall look. You can find some intersting interpetation of french on http://nailartstyle.com/ website. Good luck, friend!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.