Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all really. Stop this petition, I didn't see you complaining about how the voting system was unfair before the referendum.

I'm a millennial myself, but I hate how you lot think yourself as more important than anyone else, and as you're mostly lefties, you resort to personal attacks and name calling when you lose....

I find reading TSR soo funny as its full of left wing people, moaning and moaning, if you care so much, why did over half of you not vote...

ReputationRep:
    Agree 100%

Things like campaigning for a 2nd referendum I can understand, but the childish whinging and attacking of anyone who says they voted Leave is retarded. It probably helped lose them the vote TBH, I know plenty of working-class Leavers (of ALL races) who felt disenfranchised by the same Remainers who are now calling them uneducated, fooled by the media and dumb, plebs, and even too old to vote post-referendum.

ReputationRep:
    Fair but man I think there are enough threads on this now..

ReputationRep:
    Then there's you whining about the whining

There's been enough threads about this

It's getting tiring now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Then there's you whining about the whining

There's been enough threads about this

It's getting tiring now
    There's been enough threads about why we should sign the petition too, don't see you saying that's tiring. We gotta make it equal lol.,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJARSx)
    There's been enough threads about why we should sign the petition too, don't see you saying that's tiring. We gotta make it equal lol.,
    This entire situation is tiring. But both sides are complaining. Everyone just needs to accept it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    For starters, why on earth are Brexiters calling all remainers lefties? Seriously, this issue has united people from across the entire political spectrum... would you call David Cameron a leftie? Theresa May?

And secondly, I think you'll find that the majority of people complaining are either those who did turn out to vote, or those who weren't old enough to vote. You're right, those who didn't turn up to vote evidently didn't care, and that's why they aren't the ones complaining. But out of those who did turn up, an overwhelming majority voted to remain and the final result was very close. So whilst there's still a glimmer of hope, we will fight on. In the words of Nigel Farage: "a 52-48 result is unfinished business."

ReputationRep:
    I made this post because lots of you people are left wing, in proportions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJARSx)
    I

you are mostly lefties tho
    I consider myself centre-right. Theresa May is further right. In fact Jeremy Corbyn, who is one of the most left-wing politicians in Parliament, is only partially supportive of the EU. I'm not denying there are many lefties who do support EU membership, but seriously I've seen many people on here accusing all remainers of being lefties and it simply isn't true. It's the same as calling all leavers racist - many did vote on the basis of "getting the foreigners out", but not all did.

ReputationRep:
    It's getting a bit stale now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    I consider myself centre-right. Theresa May is further right. In fact Jeremy Corbyn, who is one of the most left-wing politicians in Parliament, is only partially supportive of the EU. I'm not denying there are many lefties who do support EU membership, but seriously I've seen many people on here accusing all remainers of being lefties and it simply isn't true. It's the same as calling all leavers racist - many did vote on the basis of "getting the foreigners out", but not all did.
    I never said all remainers are lefties, but it's a fact that a higher proportion of lefties voted to leave than right wing people. Also it's not racist to want to reduce the amount of immigration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FNPC)
    I never said all remainers are lefties, but it's a fact that a higher proportion of lefties voted to leave than right wing people. Also it's not racist to want to reduce the amount of immigration
    No, you don't explicitly state that all remainers were lefties, but you must admit the OP does sound a bit generalising. But nevertheless, my comment was aimed at Brexiters in general who are saying this (of which there are many).

I never said it was racist to reduce the amount of immigration, but it is also a fact that many leave voters did simply vote leave because they don't like foreigners just for being foreign, one man interviewed somehow thought that leaving the EU would stop the 'Muslims and Africans' from coming in, which is the point I'm making. Call it racism or xenophobia, whichever you want, but it is undeniable that a large proportion of this crowd were drawn to leave and made up a decent proportion of their votes.

But overall, we should honestly just stop this labelling at this point and try to focus on the future. As I believe that there is a chance we can still remain in the EU, I will fight for that to happen until there is no hope of reversing the decision. And I expect that a lot of Brexiters will also fight to make sure that Brexit does happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    No, you don't explicitly state that all remainers were lefties, but you must admit the OP does sound a bit generalising. But nevertheless, my comment was aimed at Brexiters in general who are saying this (of which there are many).

I never said it was racist to reduce the amount of immigration, but it is also a fact that many leave voters did simply vote leave because they don't like foreigners just for being foreign, one man interviewed somehow thought that leaving the EU would stop the 'Muslims and Africans' from coming in, which is the point I'm making. Call it racism or xenophobia, whichever you want, but it is undeniable that a large proportion of this crowd were drawn to leave and made up a decent proportion of their votes.

But overall, we should honestly just stop this labelling at this point and try to focus on the future. As I believe that there is a chance we can still remain in the EU, I will fight for that to happen until there is no hope of reversing the decision. And I expect that a lot of Brexiters will also fight to make sure that Brexit does happen.

You know what? I'd be happy to go back on what I said and stay in the eu if that stupid obnoxious cow Nicola sturgeon stepped down as leader of the snp. (Ik the two aren't linked but that would make me so happy anyone could persuade me to doi anything)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0232d331e1b39

We're all cut from the same cloth it seems, keep that in mind before you speak from your high horse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FNPC)
    You know what? I'd be happy to go back on what I said and stay in the eu if that stupid obnoxious cow Nicola sturgeon stepped down as leader of the snp. (Ik the two aren't linked but that would make me so happy anyone could persuade me to doi anything)
    Haha yeah I dislike her a lot too, although in this instance I won't stop her from intervening for political reasons

After all of this is over though, I can't wait for the moment she leaves office.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.