Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to retain confidence/self-esteem despite multiple rejections? watch

ReputationRep:
    What's the best way to do this, just wondering? I'm trying to retrain my brain to not dwell too much on bad experiences. I do try to be myself as much as possible but it still hurts getting ignored & stuff. Any tips, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Erm, stop looking for partners and just keep on attending social events? Or stay here and PM some randomer who knows, it might get somewhere (like myself but I'm not revealing who it is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Erm, stop looking for partners and just keep on attending social events? Or stay here and PM some randomer who knows, it might get somewhere (like myself but I'm not revealing who it is)
    I mean I do that but girls tend to see me more as a friend, then when I try to ask girls if they want to catch up they don't really seem interested. I don't know how else am I suppose to get to know them on a more personal level. Thanks for the words of advice though, appreciate it & also congrats, I'm happy for you! I've seen quite a few of your posts & you seem quite a confident guy, who doesn't let things get to him that much, which I suppose I need to learn from haha!

ReputationRep:
    look up MGTOW and you'll enter the new matrix.

ReputationRep:
    the best solution is to give up and accept that 2D girls are better
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You are still young and have plenty of time.

Every opportunity you have you are improving yourself and getting better. Their are plenty of females out there. You could try speed dating, online dating, joining clubs, joining classes, approaching women etc, plenty of ways and chances of meeting women.

Just keep going and think of nothing as to have a good time and be sociable.

I wish you the best of luck in securing a long term relationship

ReputationRep:
    Hey, best advice I can give is... Be yourself and don't hold any expectations otherwise you'll give off a weird vibe.
    If you see them as a friend, out of ten the likelihood of these girls liking you is probably 2-3. At best, the 'idgaf what anyone thinks' shows you really don't care about impressing anybody and girls find that really attractive. It worked well from my experience so why it a go?

You don't, you pick up a bottle of vodka and cry and hit rock bottom then everything begins to make sense and your confidence becomes solid and indestructible

ReputationRep:
    I know multiple rejections and being over looked becomes soul destroying. The only advice I can give is that it's pretty common, that unless you are in the very attractive brigade (which people are not) dating requires a lot of work and resilience. And success when it comes is all the sweeter.

ReputationRep:
    You are honestly brave to ask girls out despite getting multiple rejections and living through it. It's all a learning curve, just keep going and you will find the girl you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    I know multiple rejections and being over looked becomes soul destroying. The only advice I can give is that it's pretty common, that unless you are in the very attractive brigade (which people are not) dating requires a lot of work and resilience. And success when it comes is all the sweeter.
    (Original post by ~scorpio~)
    You are honestly brave to ask girls out despite getting multiple rejections and living through it. It's all a learning curve, just keep going and you will find the girl you deserve.
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    Hey, best advice I can give is... Be yourself and don't hold any expectations otherwise you'll give off a weird vibe.
    If you see them as a friend, out of ten the likelihood of these girls liking you is probably 2-3. At best, the 'idgaf what anyone thinks' shows you really don't care about impressing anybody and girls find that really attractive. It worked well from my experience so why it a go?
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    You are still young and have plenty of time.

Every opportunity you have you are improving yourself and getting better. Their are plenty of females out there. You could try speed dating, online dating, joining clubs, joining classes, approaching women etc, plenty of ways and chances of meeting women.

Just keep going and think of nothing as to have a good time and be sociable.

I wish you the best of luck in securing a long term relationship
    First of all thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it I just don't know, I mean I get on well with girls, but not sure how to get them to see more as a potential boyfriend rather than just a friend. When I try to progress things they don't reciprocate, maybe I'm not their type or don't want a relationship at that moment in time I dunno. Would be nice to have the experience though...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Observe other males in relationships, see how they behave, talk, etc. You could be more outgoing and have fun hobbies.

Everything you do, working out at the gym, wearing good clothes, having a good hairstyle, being charming, will help a lot, in fact you could meet girls at the gym or gym classes . Improve your conversation skills and communication is very important to women.

You could try getting the help of a dating coach such as Seb at the Authentic Man Within.

Just keep going.

ReputationRep:
    Rejections are just part of life, coping with them is what makes you resilient and eventually successful

ReputationRep:
    The way to retain confidence it too look back at those rejections and from there look at what you can improve. Remember when you get rejected it is because you don't have what that person want such as money, look, status an interesting hobby or humour. It could be anything. So look back, think about your mistakes and improve yourself.

In a day I might approach 50 girls when out with the mates. Roughly 35 will reject me. Out of the ones that gave a number removing the fake numbers and the ones that ignore maybe 3-4 will remain. Further rejection. Out of those 3-4 maybe 1 or 2 will go further. Start slow and gradually you will able to build a harem of women through embracing rejection.

Also if you feel like your confidence is based on rejection it is because you think your value comes from the women you attract which isn't the case. Look inside and see what truly defines you. You aren't alone man. Just like you many of us go through the same ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig David)
    The way to retain confidence it too look back at those rejections and from there look at what you can improve. Remember when you get rejected it is because you don't have what that person want such as money, look, status an interesting hobby or humour. It could be anything. So look back, think about your mistakes and improve yourself.

In a day I might approach 50 girls when out with the mates. Roughly 35 will reject me. Out of the ones that gave a number removing the fake numbers and the ones that ignore maybe 3-4 will remain. Further rejection. Out of those 3-4 maybe 1 or 2 will go further. Start slow and gradually you will able to build a harem of women through embracing rejection.

Also if you feel like your confidence is based on rejection it is because you think your value comes from the women you attract which isn't the case. Look inside and see what truly defines you. You aren't alone man. Just like you many of us go through the same ****.
    Not quite sure, I seem to be rejected rather early, so I think it's either appearance or they just want to stay single at the time. I think my social skills have improved quite a bit now. Plenty of guys are in relationships that are similar to me socially I think, looks wise it's hard to compare as they're subjective. Thanks for the positive words of encouragement though

ReputationRep:
    Depends on many unmentioned factors e.g. including: nature of these rejections, your psychological profile, interpersonal skills, and social life

ReputationRep:
    Forget them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.