Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can't make my mind up whether I think they look cheap or what ... what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I like them - if they're done well they just add a nice edge to your look if you're going out or whatever

ReputationRep:
    But don't you think it can look a bit cheap sometimes?

ReputationRep:
    I like them - if they're done properly.

They can look naff if not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    I can't make my mind up whether I think they look cheap or what ... what do you think?
    i think it depends on how long your nails are. if they are so long they even start curling they lookk really cheap, but if they are a decent length they can look really nice. i think you should go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i think it depends on how long your nails are. if they are so long they even start curling they lookk really cheap, but if they are a decent length they can look really nice. i think you should go for it
    Lol, no I don't have really curly long nails. They are about mid-length, not very long. Do you know how long it will last for?

ReputationRep:
    what's a french manicure? can i have one?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no I don't have really curly long nails. They are about mid-length, not very long. Do you know how long it will last for?
    do your nails chip easily?i have quite strong ones and they last. also i depends on what type of stuff you do, whether your nails could easily get scratched or not. you get different types of top coats that seal the underlayer and protect you nails, but the strength of that depends on the salon. figure out whether square or rounded will suit you, and im sure it will look fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    I suppose you could, you might get a few strange looks though

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could, you might get a few strange looks though
    it sounds nice does it include a massage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    do your nails chip easily?i have quite strong ones and they last. also i depends on what type of stuff you do, whether your nails could easily get scratched or not. you get different types of top coats that seal the underlayer and protect you nails, but the strength of that depends on the salon. figure out whether square or rounded will suit you, and im sure it will look fine!
    Aw thanks for the advice! No, my nails are pretty strong I think because I use this strengthener stuff on it and the salon is pretty good I think.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds nice does it include a massage?
    Yes ... only of the hands though

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks for the advice! No, my nails are pretty strong I think because I use this strengthener stuff on it and the salon is pretty good I think.
    then go for it. it will look really pretty!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes ... only of the hands though
    hahah that's not fair, i have stiff thighs, i was standing up at a festival from 3pm - 10.30pm !

ReputationRep:
    hahah that's not fair, i have stiff thighs, i was standing up at a festival from 3pm - 10.30pm !
    Aw what festival did you go to?

P.S I think you might need to go to a different kind of salon for *that* kind of a massage

ReputationRep:
    Aw what festival did you go to?

P.S I think you might need to go to a different kind of salon for *that* kind of a massage

hahah cheeky, i'm not that type of guy

well i went to the MOVE festival, to see The Cure

ReputationRep:
    hahah cheeky, i'm not that type of guy

well i went to the MOVE festival, to see The Cure
    Cool, never heard of it! Who else was playing?

ReputationRep:
    If you've got nice well kept and slim nails they look lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, never heard of it! Who else was playing?

some other bands i've never heard of ! such as Keane, Longview and Elbow - all quite forgettable !

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.