Melissa898
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
There isn't any information on AQA mest 3 for A-level media online, so I though this could thread could help each other with the coursework element of the course.
I'm looking at how gender roles are used in marvel films and if their gender is really necessary to the character but I don't know what theories to use HELP!
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya! I moved this into the Media forum for you - you're more likely to get a reply here
JOROPH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Apologies if this response is too late to be of help)

The hegemonic model. Patriarchy and male stereotypes are prevalent in pretty much all Hollywood blockbuster films. Can you pin point any moments in the marvel films where men are the 'dominant' figures? I'm not a huge fan of the marvel series but aren't most of the main characters men? look at their role in the film in comparison to females... Their time on screen says a lot about their importance and if men are more prevalent then this eludes to the hegemonic model (men are more powerful/dominant than women)...
As for theories, could you look at the social cognitive theory of gender development? Laura Mulvey's gaze theories are also useful in looking at how men and women are presently differently in the media. Hope this helps ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?