Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Multiple reasons. A lot of Labour MPs were not happy with the way Corbyn handled the referendum and blame him for not communicating Labour's pro-EU message clearly enough to Labour voters. Some Labour MPs were already of the opinion that Corbyn wasn't doing a very good job of leading the Labour party. And of course, ideology is an important part of it because Corbyn is definitely towards the political left of the Labour Party and some MPs are of the view that this isn't going to gain the party enough votes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Multiple reasons. A lot of Labour MPs were not happy with the way Corbyn handled the referendum and blame him for not communicating Labour's pro-EU message clearly enough to Labour voters. Some Labour MPs were already of the opinion that Corbyn wasn't doing a very good job of leading the Labour party. And of course, ideology is an important part of it because Corbyn is definitely towards the political left of the Labour Party and some MPs are of the view that this isn't going to gain the party enough votes.
    Thanks for explaining.

ReputationRep:
    Career politicians, that want a one world government, a disgrace to Britain
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Thanks for explaining.
    Also worth explaining the counterargument: other MPs think that a leadership challenge now would break apart the Labour Party at a time when it should be united with the potential prospect of a general election, and of course there are plenty of Labour MPs who do support Corbyn and his ideology.

Stupid idiots are leaving at least they've gone now and labour can get people who really believe in their leader

ReputationRep:
    A leadership challenge now, of all the times in the world?? No wonder sunderland have had a enough

ReputationRep:
    Labour have disgraced themselves

ReputationRep:
    Rather than taking a back seat and allowing focus to be on Conservative divisions, the Labour party prefers to publicly tear itself apart. If there was ever an example of an inept opposition that was not fit for government, it is this. They got hammered in 2015. They will get hammered at the next general election and it is all their own doing.

ReputationRep:
    David millibands on the airport, heathrow airport arrivals

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know the number to vote to evict from the shadow cabinet ?

ReputationRep:
    ******* Unions loved **** Jezza nobody else. Throw him OUT of the party. Ruin him! He's a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but I just have to say how incredibly sexy I find Emily Thornberry.

She was on tv this morning and I just couldn't take my eyes off her. Is there any chance of her becoming leader? I know she sneered at a house with an English flag on it but come on we've all done it.

I'd certainly be prepared to make a large donation if she was leader.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.