Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    around 3 weeks ago i took the morning after pill as a precaution, knowing it wasnt likely that i could be pregnant. However I usually start my period on the 26th of every month and I havent started yet, I am scared I could be pregnant and I was wondering if there is any way which i could force the period

Nope. Just wait.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kickboxer 98)
    around 3 weeks ago i took the morning after pill as a precaution, knowing it wasnt likely that i could be pregnant. However I usually start my period on the 26th of every month and I havent started yet, I am scared I could be pregnant and I was wondering if there is any way which i could force the period
    There is no way to 'force' a period. The only way to tell if you are pregnant or not is to take a test (I'd recommend multiple tests, to avoid false negatives). Taking the morning after pill can mess up your cycles for a couple of months so it's normal for your period to be a bit strange or not arrive when expected. If you have any doubt that you might be pregnant (possible depending which pill you took and the time between having sex and taking the pill), you need to take a pregnancy test.

ReputationRep:
    you can either take a test or wait for few more days :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    There is no way to 'force' a period. The only way to tell if you are pregnant or not is to take a test (I'd recommend multiple tests, to avoid false negatives). Taking the morning after pill can mess up your cycles for a couple of months so it's normal for your period to be a bit strange or not arrive when expected. If you have any doubt that you might be pregnant (possible depending which pill you took and the time between having sex and taking the pill), you need to take a pregnancy test.
    we didnt properly have sex, its just because the precum came out, and it is a possibility that i could get pregnant, i took the levonelle pill 3 hours after, i havent thrown up or anything since then

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I told you that your sexual promiscuity would muck your life up.

I love being right.

ReputationRep:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6...huzuo2_500.gif <- like this.

ReputationRep:
    ummm i dont get it

ReputationRep:
    and I was wondering if there is any way which i could force the period
    This made me LOL, no you can't force a period and stress will probably delay it. That, or you are pregnant.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    we didnt properly have sex, its just because the precum came out, and it is a possibility that i could get pregnant, i took the levonelle pill 3 hours after, i havent thrown up or anything since then
    Taking that into account you have a very low chance of being pregnant, but young women are often very fertile and there is always a possibility. I would still recommend doing a test. It would be wise to sort out some form of long-term contraception to avoid this in future, if even for your own peace of mind, and also to check for STI's.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.