Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can Scotland stop Brexit? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can Scotland stop Brexit for the UK?

ReputationRep:
    SNP only want it for them, they don't give a **** for the Union of UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The more interesting question is. Will the Scots leave the uk before we have an early general election? If they do then surely this calls for another early General Election?

To answer your question I very much doubt it. But they may be able to stay within the EU while the rest leave.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrITguy)
    The more interesting question is. Will the Scots leave the union before we have an early general election? If they do then surely this calls for another early General Election?

To answer your question I very much doubt it. But they may be able to stay within the EU while the rest leave.
    They would have to reapply and a independent Scotland wouldn't be as attractive to the EU as the uk
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    No.

If anyone thinks they cna then say so and back it up with a credible source.

Do I think they will leave the UK? Yes. That will cost billions as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    They would have to reapply and a independent Scotland wouldn't be as attractive to the EU as the uk
    Sorry I have edited my post you have quoted to make it clearer. I meant if they left the uk union before we had an early general election?

Also if we left but they stayed in the EU (thus became independent) surely we would need ANOTHER general election?

ReputationRep:
    Once the EU begins collapsing it will make Remaining a lot harder.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    From what I've heard so far, they can withdraw consent but they can't veto it. So no, they technically can't block it, but they could make it a lot more uncomfortable for Westminster to do it.

ReputationRep:
    No and i doubt they will even leave the UK

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.