ithxwls
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone, my name is Alejandro and I am 16 years old.

I am from Spain, I studied there until last year in September, when I came to the UK, but now I have a problem.
This year I studied ESOL in CONEL, in North London, where I passed my exams in Entry Level 3, Reading Writing, Listening and Speaking. I also did Maths Level 1 and ICT Entry 3.
Now comes my problem. I want to study physics, and I am trying to find the way to study it. My teachers have told me to progress into a BTEC Level 1 Applied Science Course, and I think it is a good option, but I have researched about it, and I just saw that it won´t let me study physics. I have also been searching information about how to study GCSEs, and then progress into A-Levels, which is what I want, but I don´t know how to do it. I have searched for GCSEs courses but all of them just offer one single subject, and I would like to study them just like UK students, with every subject, but the problem is that I am 16 right now, 17 in November.
I really hope that someone can help me because I am very confused and don´t know what to do.
Thanks in advance and have a good day.
catgirlcatgirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
You should consider 'homeschool' for a year; study IGCSE's yourself (if you achieve a good pass grade in them you will be aloud to study A levels a sixform). I would recommend studying:
CIE IGCSE Physics
CIE IGCSE Spanish (first language)
CIE IGCSE Chemistry (Most 6th forms require you to study 2 different sciences at IGCSE if you want to study science)
CIE IGSCE Maths (VERY IMPORTANT for physics- to study physics you need a good grade)
CIE IGCSE English Language ( If this is too tricky don't bother)

If you want to go to six form you WILL NEED to study 4 to 6 IGCSE's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise