Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i have to do my spanish writing tomorrow after school and i have learnt one sentence out of 300 words and i can't find a way that helps me remember it. please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spanglishgirl)
    so i have to do my spanish writing tomorrow after school and i have learnt one sentence and i can't find a way that helps me remember it. please help!
    Write it out without looking, then write it out again and again and again and again until you know it. this method enabled me to learn 30 essays word for word in 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Write it out without looking, then write it out again and again and again and again until you know it. this method enabled me to learn 30 essays word for word in 3 months.
    ill give it a go, thanks

ReputationRep:
    What the above user said... Though I recommend doing it one sentence at a time. So you memorise the first sentence, the second, the third, then you write out all three without looking. Keep going like this until you complete it.

Alternatively, you could record yourself speaking it and memorise that. Listen to it over and over. Afterwards, you can focus on making sure your spelling, punctuation and grammar are all correct.

ReputationRep:
    The aim with everything is to memorise.

You just have to keep going over it again and again to memorise.

I did Edexcel GCSE Chinese and so I had to remember the characters (Hanzi) for writing and so it did take a lot of time for me to remember them (100-200) but I managed to do it and get an A in both of my writing controlled assessments.

Here's 2 ideas:

Code word each sentence, starting with the first letter of every word and memorise it like that. Try writing the letter for each word for each sentence on a flash card.
    E.g. (I studied a bit of Spanish too, I remember the sentence - My birthday is on the 11th of July... Mi cumpleanos es el once de julio .. so on a flashcard I would write
    M, C, E, E, O, D, J).

Flashcard each sentence and learn it one by one. I didn't try flashcards for Languages (writing exams) but these ideas that have come to my mind seem helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    What the above user said... Though I recommend doing it one sentence at a time. So you memorise the first sentence, the second, the third, then you write out all three without looking. Keep going like this until you complete it.

Alternatively, you could record yourself speaking it and memorise that. Listen to it over and over. Afterwards, you can focus on making sure your spelling, punctuation and grammar are all correct.
    i tried recording myself but it was just annoying but ill try doing just sentence by sentence thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    The aim with everything is to memorise.

You just have to keep going over it again and again to memorise.

I did Edexcel GCSE Chinese and so I had to remember the characters (Hanzi) for writing and so it did take a lot of time for me to remember them (100-200) but I managed to do it and get an A in both of my writing controlled assessments.

Here's 2 ideas:

Code word each sentence, starting with the first letter of every word and memorise it like that. Try writing the letter for each word for each sentence on a flash card.
    E.g. (I studied a bit of Spanish too, I remember the sentence - My birthday is on the 11th of July... Mi cumpleanos es el once de julio .. so on a flashcard I would write
    M, C, E, E, O, D, J).

Flashcard each sentence and learn it one by one. I didn't try flashcards for Languages (writing exams) but these ideas that have come to my mind seem helpful.
    ahh that sounds like a really good idea thanks

ReputationRep:
    ahh that sounds like a really good idea thanks
    Welcome.

Coding was a technique that my Chinese teacher used in class for activities to help learning and it was quite challenging, but interesting!

And yeah, taking each part/chunk bit by bit is easier.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    so i have to do my spanish writing tomorrow after school and i have learnt one sentence out of 300 words and i can't find a way that helps me remember it. please help!
    If you've paid attention in class probably know more Spanish than you think you do. If you're really struggling to memorise the whole thing, make sure you memorise the high level sentences and that you're covering all the tenses. Make sure that you know key topic words and that you can ad lib during the exam if absolutely necessary - the last thing you want is for your mind to go blank during the test and to be completely stuck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.