The Student Room Group

YR11s!! What are you doing now your GCSEs are over?

Hello guys! :hello:
To all year 11s who have finished their GCSEs... congrats!:pwnd::parrot::jiggy::happy2::gthumb::grin::flower2: :ahee::angel::bunny:

Soooo, we all have really long summers. I think I have about 10 weeks off (yay)! I want to make the most of this time and really enjoy it.

Here are some ideas of stuff to do (or at least stuff I'm gonna do):
> prom :smile:
> make a YouTube channel
> go on NCS (4 weeks) : starts 10th July. Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4
> chill with friends :cool:
> make scrapbooks of stuff
> going to see last shadow puppets, sooo excited!
> Shopping ✓-parents are giving me money if i get good gcses (yay, i did well!!!):awesome:
> Make music.... maybe. Might try it out
> Sort out my room like posters and repainting/ decorate with lights :bell:
> go running / cycling / walking / daily workout
> TSR... obvs :cyber:
> photography - might get a polaroid????
> maybe do a meetup (arranged for saturday)
> Finish watching pretty little liars: S1 ✓, S2 ✓, S3 S4 / oitnb S1 ✓, S2 S3 :cute:
> find cool music on spotify then make playlists
> play games --> agar.io is my fave / Pokemon go
> write a bit of poetry
> make art, kinda like drawing :fluffy:
> go on holiday with parents, I think we're going to Kent & France. I hope we go on a speed boat aha
> burn my school jumper lol :biggrin:
> video editing
> do a few online competitions, might be fun
> sounds nerdy but I want to learn all the countries for georgraphy A level and just self-satisfaction :h: Countries in: Africa . Europe . Asia. South America . Oceania. Capitals in: Africa. Europe. Asia. South America. Oceania.
> get into reading again :yy: (at least 3 books) (lol this isn't going to happen)
> tumblr blog
> get instagram
> donate money to charity ("kids with cancer" )

(I'll be adding new ideas to the list)
These are things I plan to do, bc I just want to make it as enjoyable as possible. I don't just want to be one of those people locked to the TV all day, feeling tired and bored. I'll have some lazy days but i just don't want it to be 10 weeks of lazy days (: What things are you gonna do? I'm curious :u::u::u:

WEEK 1 WEEK 2 WEEK 3 WEEK 4 WEEK 5 WEEK 6
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ella_08
To all year 11s who have finished their GCSEs... congrats!:pwnd::parrot::jiggy::happy2::gthumb::grin::flower2: :ahee::angel::bunny:

Soooo, we all have really long summers. I think I have about 10 weeks off (yay)! I want to make the most of this time and really enjoy it.

> make a YouTube channel
> go on NCS (4 weeks)
> Shopping -parents are giving me money if i get good gcses :awesome:
> go running/ cycling
> maybe do a meetup
> Finish watching pretty little liars/ oitnb :cute:
> play games --> agar.io is my fave
> write a bit of poetry
> go on holiday with parents, I think we're going to France. I hope we go on a speed boat aha
> sounds nerdy but I want to learn all the countries for georgraphy A level and just self-satisfaction :h:
> get into reading again :yy:

These are things I plan to do, bc I just want to make it as enjoyable as possible. I don't just want to be one of those people locked to the TV all day, feeling tired and bored. I'll have some lazy days but i just don't want it to be 10 weeks of lazy days (: What things are you gonna do? I'm curious :u::u::u:

Wow its alright for some. Im one of them people you described there. lool
Original post by junayd1998
Wow its alright for some. Im one of them people you described there. lool

Lol I know it's a long list but I like to keep myself motivated :biggrin: as long as you enjoy the summer then you're doing it right :yy:
Original post by Ella_08
Lol I know it's a long list but I like to keep myself motivated :biggrin: as long as you enjoy the summer then you're doing it right :yy:

yh im already bored and its just started, oh gosh
Original post by Ella_08

> make a YouTube channel
> go on NCS (4 weeks)
> go running/ cycling
> maybe do a meetup
> write a bit of poetry
> go on holiday with parents, I think we're going to France. I hope we go on a speed boat aha
> sounds nerdy but I want to learn all the countries for georgraphy A level and just self-satisfaction :h:

So I assume you're gonna make a video opening your results, am I right? :tongue:
yh im already bored and its just started, oh gosh

ahah yeah I kinda get what you mean. I do feel a bit bored now which is basically why i planned it out. I'm just relived I never have to learn how to complete the square again, that will keep me smiling all summer
Original post by Ella_08
ahah yeah I kinda get what you mean. I do feel a bit bored now which is basically why i planned it out. I'm just relived I never have to learn how to complete the square again, that will keep me smiling all summer

completing the square is fun :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Ella_08

Complete the square XD
Original post by hamza772000
So I assume you're gonna make a video opening your results, am I right? :tongue:

I might :tongue: it depends what i get lool. It's mainly gonna be a channel unrelated to work... like mini movies (:

if you say so :tongue:
Original post by Ella_08
I might :tongue: it depends what i get lool. It's mainly gonna be a channel unrelated to work... like mini movies (:
Aight, I hope you do well. :smile:

Let me know what its called once you make it, I'll check it out and obviously, SUBSCRIBE :biggrin:
Aight, I hope you do well. :smile:

Let me know what its called once you make it, I'll check it out and obviously, SUBSCRIBE :biggrin:

Thanks.. me too :smile: all the best to you! Thank you for the support, i plan for it to be up and running in a week (:
Original post by Ella_08
Thanks.. me too :smile: all the best to you! Thank you for the support, i plan for it to be up and running in a week (:
Thank you too :smile:

That's great, just let me know what its called, once its made :biggrin: (I think I've already said this before :tongue:, sorry for the repetitiveness :redface:)
It is indeed :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Ella_08

> make a YouTube channel
> go on NCS (4 weeks)
> go running/ cycling
> maybe do a meetup
> write a bit of poetry

What subjects are you going to study in September and what are you hoping to get in those subjects at GCSE ?
It is indeed :smile:

yup and quadratic equations.
yup and quadratic equations.
Oh boy! Graph transformations too! Maths is LIFEEEE :biggrin:
Oh boy! Graph transformations too! Maths is LIFEEEE :biggrin:

trust brother!
trust brother!
I know this is irrelevant, but are you acc born in 1998?
I'm doing integration it is so fun!!

Quick Reply

Latest