Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Walking sat nav watch

I want to buy a sat nav that I can use when I go walking. I normally have a walking book that I use but sometimes I get lost. Do walking sat nav exist? Also can you use a walking sat nav when you are on a walk that is in a book?
    • TSR Group Staff

TSR Group Staff
    Any regular satnav device would continue to work on foot although battery life may be a concern. There are some devices specifically designed for hiking (longer battery, waterproofing and so on) although they can get a bit pricey. Personally, I think a smartphone with a waterproof case/battery pack would be the best way forward. And always bring a regular map along too, it's quite easy to lose satellite signal but hopefully you won't lose a paper map so easily.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.