Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is the right forum so apologies if not!

Basically I've had interviews for a few graduate roles that are 3-4 months (ie summer work) possibly leading to a full time job (depending on performance).

The issue is - where can I live for that short period of time? Is it possible to find landlords willing to give a short term tenancy? And if so where would I find them?

I've had a quick look on zoopla/right move but generally the mimimum contract is 6 months. I thought about university accommodation but the sites aren't close to a campus, and that would likely be pretty expensive!

In terms of pay, it'd be around £375/ week so I cant afford a lot.
    My other option is to commute - I've got money saved up to get a car but the drive would be 1-1.5 hours each way which obviously isn't preferable!

Any help appreciated

Any ideas?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by rosiesaurus)
    Not sure if this is the right forum so apologies if not!

Basically I've had interviews for a few graduate roles that are 3-4 months (ie summer work) possibly leading to a full time job (depending on performance).

The issue is - where can I live for that short period of time? Is it possible to find landlords willing to give a short term tenancy? And if so where would I find them?

I've had a quick look on zoopla/right move but generally the mimimum contract is 6 months. I thought about university accommodation but the sites aren't close to a campus, and that would likely be pretty expensive!

In terms of pay, it'd be around £375/ week so I cant afford a lot.
    My other option is to commute - I've got money saved up to get a car but the drive would be 1-1.5 hours each way which obviously isn't preferable!

Any help appreciated

Any ideas?
    House shares can possibly have shorter contacts or look into lodging (not much legal protection there but if you only need a few months you should be okay)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.