Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Questions such as: Explain what you understand by:
    a)sampling unit
    b)sampling frame
    c)sampling distribution
    always seem to catch me out. They're usually worth a maximum of two marks but would be nice to be able to secure these.
    Does anybody have a bank of definitions we could be asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABT123)
    Questions such as: Explain what you understand by:
    a)sampling unit
    b)sampling frame
    c)sampling distribution
    always seem to catch me out. They're usually worth a maximum of two marks but would be nice to be able to secure these.
    Does anybody have a bank of definitions we could be asked?
    i think you can write a definition and give an example to get full marks!

ReputationRep:
    I know it's late but here you are if you want to do some last minute memorising

What is a hypothesis test?: A mathematical procedure that examines a value of population parameter proposed by the null hypothesis with an alternative hypothesis.

What is a critical region?: A range of values that would lead to the rejection of the null hypothesis.

What is a census?: When every member of the population is investigated.

What is a population?: A Collection of individuals or items

What is a sample?: A selection of individuals from the population.

What is a sampling unit?: An individual member or element of the population or sampling frame

What is a sampling frame?: A list of all sampling units or all the population.

What is a statistic?: A random variable, functions of know data from a population.

Sampling distribution:Write down all the combinations of outcomes & their probabilities

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.