Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Book Title? Terminally Ill School Boy time travel/connection to WW1 Officer Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I read a book a couple years back and really enjoyed it, but for the life of me can't remember the title of said book. Below is the few plot points I remember. If anyone could help me with the title I'd be really grateful I think the front cover might have had a bird on the front but I'm not sure...

Plot:
    - Set in England
    - Boy has terminal illness (can't remember the exact type), moves to the country for a bit with his mother
    - At a nearby manor house? he spots a portrait of a girl who died in the Spanish Flu 1918
    - He starts having flashbacks to a "life" he had in the early 1900s, during WWI, he starts seeing the girl and talking to her
    - Eventually he ends up dying and "stepping outside time" with her.

Key Scenes I remember:
    - Near the end of the book the "WW1" versionl of him is sleeping in a barn with a fellow junior Officer when suddenly a mortar shell lands on the barn, killing them both.

ReputationRep:
    bump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.