The Student Room Group

Long Summer Holiday - Ideas?

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm just over a week into my extra long summer holiday (I've just finished GCSEs) and I'm already... bored? I'm going away for 3 weeks in August and a couple of days in July (music tour!) but, in between, I feel like I have nothing to do! I worked so hard in the run up to and during GCSEs that going from never having enough time to having far too much seems crazy. I'm keen to start on my AS Level courses (Maths, History and Chemistry) or maybe try and get some perfect scores on a few Add Maths papers but my parents (and teachers haha) have banned me from doing any schoolwork as I burned out over the exam season. Before someone suggests it, I'm looking for a job and organising some volunteering at my local library.

Sorry to be so whiny about what really is a luxury, I'm sure loads of you would love to be in my position! Any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Bubs051213
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm just over a week into my extra long summer holiday (I've just finished GCSEs) and I'm already... bored? I'm going away for 3 weeks in August and a couple of days in July (music tour!) but, in between, I feel like I have nothing to do! I worked so hard in the run up to and during GCSEs that going from never having enough time to having far too much seems crazy. I'm keen to start on my AS Level courses (Maths, History and Chemistry) or maybe try and get some perfect scores on a few Add Maths papers but my parents (and teachers haha) have banned me from doing any schoolwork as I burned out over the exam season. Before someone suggests it, I'm looking for a job and organising some volunteering at my local library.

Sorry to be so whiny about what really is a luxury, I'm sure loads of you would love to be in my position! Any ideas?

Enjoy as much as possible before Year 12 hits you. How many times in your life are you going to get a 3 month holiday, all expenses paid?
Learn a new language
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
Learn a new language

Sadly, language aren't my forte! :frown: Not that that's any excuse! But I'm going to Canada and Holland so am going to try and get my French GCSE back up to scratch and maybe learn a few words of Dutch! Thank you for your suggestion! :smile:

Quick Reply