Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Oxford for the History and Politics course. Are international students conducting interviews over skype ever offered more than one interview? I realise that the pooling at Oxford takes place while the one on one interviews are going on at campus. But since Skype interviews are generally held before the ones on campus (that's what I've heard), how likely is it for deserving skype candidates, who cannot be accommodated in the college they applied to for any reason, to get an interview at another college? Should this affect my choice of college? Should I apply to less-subscribed college for better chances if I won't get at least two interviews, because it's impossible for me to arrange a visa in less than a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evar12345)
    I'm applying to Oxford for the History and Politics course. Are international students conducting interviews over skype ever offered more than one interview? I realise that the pooling at Oxford takes place while the one on one interviews are going on at campus. But since Skype interviews are generally held before the ones on campus (that's what I've heard), how likely is it for deserving skype candidates, who cannot be accommodated in the college they applied to for any reason, to get an interview at another college? Should this affect my choice of college? Should I apply to less-subscribed college for better chances if I won't get at least two interviews, because it's impossible for me to arrange a visa in less than a week.
    Skype interviews are often held around the same time as ones done in person, and Skype candidates will be offered an interview at another college if the first college thinks they merit it but can't offer them a place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.