Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently doing GCSE chemistry and I'm wondering to how many decimal places do I have to know the atomic masses of the elements at a level, or do i need to know them at all (i only know the whole number value at the moment), also any other tips for a level chemistry would be useful, thanks

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to know them at all! You should get a formula sheet with the periodic table in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsSleep)
    You don't need to know them at all! You should get a formula sheet with the periodic table in the exam
    Oh really, thats great (i've been learning them but oh well), is that for all exam boards, which exam board are you with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brookey_)
    Oh really, thats great (i've been learning them but oh well), is that for all exam boards, which exam board are you with?
    Sorry for this super late reply, I haven't been on lately :P

And I am doing AQA A level at the moment (new spec) (:

It should be the same over all exam boards but sometimes it's useful to know common ones, so that you can do calculations without having to check the periodic table (e.g. carbon is 12, oxygen is 16) etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.