The Student Room Group

sore nipples and cramps

i have sore nipples and stomach cramps, i was meant to start my period today, but i keep needing to go toilet yet no period. is this normal?
pre-menstrual syndrome?
yes! its beyond normal :yep:
Original post by Anonymous
i have sore nipples and stomach cramps, i was meant to start my period today, but i keep needing to go toilet yet no period. is this normal?

Normal!

Although, if this is unusual for you... get it checked out.

You haven't given any detail so I don't know, but could pregnancy be considered? Not to worry you.

Yes it's normal! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and how long have you had your periods? Because often we develop new symptoms in the first few cycles of our periods, and also it can happen that new symptoms arise even a few years into having periods! You don't need to have your proof to have these symptoms, my cramps start like two/three days before and that's what tells me that I'm going to have my period soon! If you're really worried you can ask a pharmacist for advice
Reply 5
I took Levonelle as a precaution, even though it was very unlikely i could be pregnant through what we did, after taking the pill 4 hours after what happened i had spotting over the next few days, it has now been 3 weeks and i was due today but it hasnt come, i have stomach pains and sore/tingly nipples
Reply 6
Original post by danuuutka
Yes it's normal! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you and how long have you had your periods? Because often we develop new symptoms in the first few cycles of our periods, and also it can happen that new symptoms arise even a few years into having periods! You don't need to have your proof to have these symptoms, my cramps start like two/three days before and that's what tells me that I'm going to have my period soon! If you're really worried you can ask a pharmacist for advice

im 17 and had my period for 5-6years... this isnt something i can go to the doctors for because my parents cannot know
im 17 and had my period for 5-6years... this isnt something i can go to the doctors for because my parents cannot know

That's fine though, I've never had back ache before, and got it in my 6th year of having periods! Sorry to ask, but why can't your parents know? It's a natural thing that occurs in a female body? But if you don't want them to know, now that you are over 16 you can confidentially go to a doctor and your parents will not find out. Also, if you don't want to go to the doctors, nip into your nearest pharmacy and they will probably be able to provide you with some advice. You can easily get away with this without your parents knowing
Reply 8
Original post by danuuutka
That's fine though, I've never had back ache before, and got it in my 6th year of having periods! Sorry to ask, but why can't your parents know? It's a natural thing that occurs in a female body? But if you don't want them to know, now that you are over 16 you can confidentially go to a doctor and your parents will not find out. Also, if you don't want to go to the doctors, nip into your nearest pharmacy and they will probably be able to provide you with some advice. You can easily get away with this without your parents knowing

they know i have my period, but if i am pregnant they cannot know as i am not allowed to have boys come to my house, or be alone with boys....
they know i have my period, but if i am pregnant they cannot know as i am not allowed to have boys come to my house, or be alone with boys....

Oh right I understand! Sorry my mistake! Well if you think that you might be pregnant I'd suggest that you wait until when your period is due and if in a week your period doesn't come, get a cheap pregnancy test (Boots or superdrug do them) and you could always do it at a friends house. If you're too shy to buy a test, ask your friend to do it for you

Quick Reply

Latest