Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm 16 and was born in Jan 2000. I'm currently 6'2 and want to be around 6'8 - 6'11. I have grown about an inch in the past 2 years, however I have a couple of friends that were growing the same as me, and are now about 6'6 - 6'9. Does this mean I'm not going to grow anymore? Are there any ways I can help myself grow taller? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to be so tall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomNoob)
    Why do you want to be so tall?

My dad is 7'1 and my mum is only 5'2. I have 2 uncles that are 7'3 and 6'11, so Ive always wanted to be as tall as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing much you can do. Good nutrition may be of some help but ultimately your epiphyseal plates may have fused in your long bones, ie femur. Once these plates fuse it stops the bone from growing.

ReputationRep:
    That's super tall. You'll likely be even taller as you're still growing, but those heights are at the very edge of height, so you may not reach it. Be happy, you're tall already.

And your dad is 2ft taller than your mum? That's some couple.

(Original post by Jfiwnfiwnfp)
    Hi, I'm 16 and was born in Jan 2000. I'm currently 6'2 and want to be around 6'8 - 6'11. I have grown about an inch in the past 2 years, however I have a couple of friends that were growing the same as me, and are now about 6'6 - 6'9. Does this mean I'm not going to grow anymore? Are there any ways I can help myself grow taller? Thanks
    If you wanted a heart condition you could have just started smoking and eating lots of greasy fast foods.

If this is all you're having to worry about though, I'd seriously consider getting a life.

ReputationRep:
    Surely being any taller is just going to be mildly annoying with no benefit? Trousers fitting, leg space on planes etc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.