Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I'm 17, studying a levels and at the moment I work in a jewellers, I earn 6.50 an hour plus commission which I believe is really good for my age. However, I can't stand the job. I've weighed out the pros and cons and I've come to the decision I need to leave. I am saving up for a car at the moment for when I hopefully pass my test soon so can't just quit my job without finding another one.
    Anyway to the point, I'm looking for a job where there is lots of opportunity for overtime (over the summer) and then when I go back to college I want to work mainly evenings and not too many weekends because going to college 5 days a week plus working for 2 days is absolutely horrible!
    Please can you share your experiences about your current part time job, how much you get paid and what it's like to work there etc! I'm thinking of places like restaurants, hotels or childcare.
    Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhia9)
    Hi guys. I'm 17, studying a levels and at the moment I work in a jewellers, I earn 6.50 an hour plus commission which I believe is really good for my age. However, I can't stand the job. I've weighed out the pros and cons and I've come to the decision I need to leave. I am saving up for a car at the moment for when I hopefully pass my test soon so can't just quit my job without finding another one.
    Anyway to the point, I'm looking for a job where there is lots of opportunity for overtime (over the summer) and then when I go back to college I want to work mainly evenings and not too many weekends because going to college 5 days a week plus working for 2 days is absolutely horrible!
    Please can you share your experiences about your current part time job, how much you get paid and what it's like to work there etc! I'm thinking of places like restaurants, hotels or childcare.
    Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try McDonalds. The pay won't be as good as you are getting now (£6.50 is good for under 18) but they are flexible and there's plenty of opportunity for overtime.
    I'd give up on the idea of working in April though, you would have to be qualified for that.

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna struggle getting that much at another job. i know where I work thats the rate for over 18s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.