Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Finished my first year in college doing computing, art and economics. My college wants me to write a personal statement for university by the end of the week or they saying they can't let us re-enrol next year. Thing is though I have no idea what I want to do at Uni or after uni at all I've somewhat lost interest in the subjects im doing and I don't know if I was to do them at Uni. I did find one course which was economics and computer science joint honours, which idek if it's good or not as I've never been told about joint honours, also I can only find that one uni that does it and they want ABB a level to get in, which to be honest I could in actual a level but the AS exams I just did I feel like I possibly got BBB/ CBB at best. I can't even write about things I do outside of college because I have done literally nothing. I'm literally stressing so much here and I have no idea what to do.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalmonMan)
    Finished my first year in college doing computing, art and economics. My college wants me to write a personal statement for university by the end of the week or they saying they can't let us re-enrol next year. Thing is though I have no idea what I want to do at Uni or after uni at all I've somewhat lost interest in the subjects im doing and I don't know if I was to do them at Uni. I did find one course which was economics and computer science joint honours, which idek if it's good or not as I've never been told about joint honours, also I can only find that one uni that does it and they want ABB a level to get in, which to be honest I could in actual a level but the AS exams I just did I feel like I possibly got BBB/ CBB at best. I can't even write about things I do outside of college because I have done literally nothing. I'm literally stressing so much here and I have no idea what to do.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first post.
    Try starting with this:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...statement_help
    I've moved your thread into the PS Advice forum, so you will be able to get more help once you've had a go with the PS Builder Tool.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Is there a college counsellor or similar who you can talk to? I really don't understand colleges that put this kind of pressure on students who don't know if they want to go to uni or not and need guidance with picking something to study. You don't need to go to uni to do what you want to in life even though it does strengthen your chances in most cases. Have a think about what you enjoy doing and what you don't and what jobs you may like to do. Then think about whether you need to go to uni or an apprenticeship or the like is more suitable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.