Turn on thread page Beta

suggested reading watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I,m hoping to start a Mphys course in september, can anyone suggest any recommended reading?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t52680.html

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    are you looking for good textbooks, or interesting reading books?

Btw, which college have you got an offer from? I've got an open offer for the MPhys for this Oct too. If you're interested in joining UKL Physic Society then visit the Physics forum in the academic section and read the post re:membership and then PM me with the nec info!

ReputationRep:
    "Modern Physics" - The ultimate Physics book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    are you looking for good textbooks, or interesting reading books?

Btw, which college have you got an offer from? I've got an open offer for the MPhys for this Oct too. If you're interested in joining UKL Physic Society then visit the Physics forum in the academic section and read the post re:membership and then PM me with the nec info!
    DONT, It's clearly a cult, they'll bleed you dry! DRY I TELL YA!

ReputationRep:
    My Physics teacher recommneded The Feynman Lectures (All three volumes); also Maxwell's EM papers.

ReputationRep:
    those arent light reading though. I'd try something less "textbook" like. Something by john gribbon. The new penrose book looks good (just ordered it from amazon)

ReputationRep:
    can you let me know what that penrose book is like? i was going to get it but i saw on amazon the paperback is out in a month so i think i will wait for that.

ReputationRep:
    mate, i suggest you look at the year, as well as the month. It's not september 2004 when i looked :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    DONT, It's clearly a cult, they'll bleed you dry! DRY I TELL YA!
    Yeah, after you've been a member for a month you're required to take "THE TEST OF DEATH" and we send you into a black hole to see if you come out alive! MWHAHAHAAAAAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willla2)
    mate, i suggest you look at the year, as well as the month. It's not september 2004 when i looked :P
    maybe i will be getting it tomorrow then

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.