Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have summer ball coming up in my college and I have got a bodycon navy blue dress.. Something that looks like this http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/invt/azz19021

Do you think it will be alright to wear that to the ball?

ReputationRep:
    Do the dresses need to be slightly more formal? In my opinion it looks cheap. However, not cheap enough to justify asking anon.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! You'll look great :love:

ReputationRep:
    I think its beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Considering it's summer, why not go for a brighter colour?

(Original post by beeninetytwo)
    Do the dresses need to be slightly more formal? In my opinion it looks cheap. However, not cheap enough to justify asking anon.
    Yeah well, most people I know are going for short dresses and only a few are actually wear proper gowns/ long dresses and stuff! Oh does it! The summer ball is happening tomorrow and I'm feeling really worried about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeninetytwo)
    I disagree with this (judging by the photos, not sure if it would in real life) As long as you think it looks good then wear it, don't worry about it looking 'cheap'. I know a few people from my prom spent loads of money on their dress but still didn't look great :dontknow:

(Original post by goam)
    Definitely! You'll look great :love:
    N'aww thankyouu!

(Original post by niv1234)
    I think its beautiful.
    N'aww thanks!

(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Considering it's summer, why not go for a brighter colour?
    Lol it's pretty much been all rainy though around here. And Boohoo only had black, navy blue and red colour for the dress. I would have gone for the red one but my friend is going to wear something red too so yeah! And what are type of colour that you are on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah well, most people I know are going for short dresses and only a few are actually wear proper gowns/ long dresses and stuff! Oh does it! The summer ball is happening tomorrow and I'm feeling really worried about it!
    It's just my opinion. I'm sure that I dress quite frumpy anyway :ninja: Judging by other people's comments I have no idea what is prom-fashionable, please ignore me :girl: I'm sure you'll look lovely :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lol it's pretty much been all rainy though around here. And Boohoo only had black, navy blue and red colour for the dress. I would have gone for the red one but my friend is going to wear something red too so yeah! And what are type of colour that you are on about?
    Lots of people from my prom wore blue, white and some wore black. But the brighter colours certainly looked nicer IMO, black looks sad

ReputationRep:
    Have to say I do agree with whoever says it looks a bit cheap, and the colour is quite dark for a summer prom. However if you like it then that's what matters.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.