Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ive been liking this girl for a while now , we have been on a range of dates and we have expressed how we feel. However due to us being at different universities she can't commit to this relationship , she finishes uni this year while i have 4 more years . We have been talking literally every day and she's become an important part of my life .

Now she's said she wants to be with me but she can't due to long distance relationship , which i can understand as we would only see each other every term etc.. and as she's finishing she will probably get a job further away !

So where were at now is she said she has no choice to put in some space between us , i haven't spoke to her for two day and i feel awful . Ive been in many relationships before this and I've never felt this way with a girl before .

If we were together i wud be gutted about losing her down the line , but I'm not thinking that far ahead i just want to be with her now and live in the present , and when telling her this she just tells me I'm thinking like a " male " . She says its hard for any girl to be with someone then not a year later , and i have no answer to that .....

I feel I've just listened to her because genuinely i have no solution to this , If i talk to her about this i feel I'm becoming to desperate and dont value her opinion and just am selfish .

I dont want to lose her , can someone pls advise me what to do !

SORRY FOR LONG MESSAGE !
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive been liking this girl for a while now , we have been on a range of dates and we have expressed how we feel. However due to us being at different universities she can't commit to this relationship , she finishes uni this year while i have 4 more years . We have been talking literally every day and she's become an important part of my life .

Now she's said she wants to be with me but she can't due to long distance relationship , which i can understand as we would only see each other every term etc.. and as she's finishing she will probably get a job further away !

So where were at now is she said she has no choice to put in some space between us , i haven't spoke to her for two day and i feel awful . Ive been in many relationships before this and I've never felt this way with a girl before .

If we were together i wud be gutted about losing her down the line , but I'm not thinking that far ahead i just want to be with her now and live in the present , and when telling her this she just tells me I'm thinking like a " male " . She says its hard for any girl to be with someone then not a year later , and i have no answer to that .....

I feel I've just listened to her because genuinely i have no solution to this , If i talk to her about this i feel I'm becoming to desperate and dont value her opinion and just am selfish .

I dont want to lose her , can someone pls advise me what to do !

SORRY FOR LONG MESSAGE !
    Can't help but feel if she really wanted to be with you, she would not care about the distance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but she is definitely trying to end the relationship subtly... If I was you I wouldn't kick up a big fuss and just try to forget about it as quickly as possible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.