Report Thread starter 3 years ago
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7102191.html

Sounds like a plan.
JordanL_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want him to become PM. Give the people exactly what they voted for. See what he chooses to spend their £350m/week on.
PrincessZara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UK's Donald Trump
Legendary Quest
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JordanL_)
I want him to become PM. Give the people exactly what they voted for. See what he chooses to spend their £350m/week on.
You mean the 'imaginary' £350m?

See if NHS improves
Elivercury
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think he should be PM. He's one of the key people who lead us into this situation. lets see him make it work. It's unfair to make such a huge change that has almost universally been quoted as being a bad idea then fob it off onto some other poor git and comment about how he's not making the most of the opportunity from a distance.
milkshakelover
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its amazing how screwed our economy has become in a matter of days.
welshiee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nobody voted for Boris to become PM.

David Cameron said he'd stay on whatever the result but instead walked away as it meant he'd actually have to do some work for once.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
I think he has to become PM as he was the head of the leave campaign. Gove should be Chancellor, Hanaan Home Sec and Farage can have the NHS. They need to back up their promises. I cant see how the government can contain remainers. Ridiculous that anyone would consider Teresa May or Osborne.
JordanL_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by welshiee)
Nobody voted for Boris to become PM.

David Cameron said he'd stay on whatever the result but instead walked away as it meant he'd actually have to do some work for once.
He walked away because he doesn't want to be held responsible when everyone realises they made a mistake.
welshiee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hxfsxh)
Its amazing how screwed our economy has become in a matter of days.
Our economy is not screwed and the problems with the economy were caused by speculators in the market who made moves beforehand expecting remain to win and then reverted when the outcome didn't go their way. Thats why the FTSE100 has already recovered and the pound has slowly crept back up.

Meh all this apocalypse nonsense. You're just proving you're economically illiterate.
welshiee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He walked away because he doesn't want to be held responsible when everyone realises they made a mistake.
He shouldn't have said that he'd stay then.
welshiee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I think he has to become PM as he was the head of the leave campaign. Gove should be Chancellor, Hanaan Home Sec and Farage can have the NHS. They need to back up their promises. I cant see how the government can contain remainers. Ridiculous that anyone would consider Teresa May or Osborne.
If you give Farage the NHS there won't be an NHS left. Good grief what a dangerous suggestion.
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He is the only person who deserves to sort out this mess.
Elivercury
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you give Farage the NHS there won't be an NHS left. Good grief what a dangerous suggestion.
Farage isn't a Conservative MP.

In fact he hasn't even an MP.

He has exactly zero say. One say if he can manage to whip the single UKIP monkey into performing.
welshiee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elivercury)
Farage isn't a Conservative MP.

In fact he hasn't even an MP.

He has exactly zero say. One say if he can manage to whip the single UKIP monkey into performing.
He can rejoin the Conservatives if they go more right wing and return to their original roots. Don't forget, he was originally a Tory.
Dnkz7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't know why anyone in their sane minds would want Johnson to become the next PM. Its like choosing the lesser of two evils, Farage or Johnson. I voted remain, but imo I don't think we'll be better off without the EU. Watch the current account trade deficit increase within two years, thats why Cameron washed his hands of this country until he finally leaves in October. Poor man
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PrincessZara)
UK's Donald Trump
Yes both the next leaders of their country, the world I getting better.
JamesN88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Letting him or Boris anywhere near it would be a **** up of epic proportions.
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope he gets the role and sees what an absolute mess he has caused. I kind of applaud Cameron from stepping down in the midst of this - he is pretty certain that Johnson has a good chance of becoming PM and he wants to show him that his campaign, based off of lies and fear, was successful in ****ing up the UK
Elivercury
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He can rejoin the Conservatives if they go more right wing and return to their original roots. Don't forget, he was originally a Tory.
He could.

He would still not be an MP until 2020 assuming the conservative party last the full parliament.

Not to mention he has to actually get elected, which he has thus far failed to do, and I seriously doubt it is because of lack of publicity/campaigning due to being part of a smaller party.

It would also mean abandoning his own party and the conservative party would need to be stupid enough to accept him in the first place.

While it isn't impossible, I'd rate the odds of it happening to be incredibly unlikely.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%