I'm starting my A-levels this September and since I haven't studied in England before I don't really know what I'll need to buy for the subjects I'll be doing (Media Studies, Psychology, Sociology and Photography). Are there any specific items that you can think of that I'll need to get before I start?
What stationery items etc do you need for each subject? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 27-06-2016 00:20
- 27-06-2016 00:31
Photography would be the one thing on this list that I don't know whether you'd need some specific equipment (not necessarily any special stationery). For the others, it's all more or less what you'd expect. I would recommend:
- pens (duh)
- pencils (also fairly obvious)
- highlighters (we're still pretty standard here)
- a pad of A4 lined paper (Oxford Campus notepads are expensive, but high quality)
- Start with one lever arch file for each subject. You'll probably need more soon.
- A suitable bag for the carrying of said items (not strictly stationery, but I thought I'd add it on)
- A good planner/diary if one isn't provided (it usually is).
Your college or sixth form will probably tell you if you need something else at the start of the year. Textbooks are normally supplied by them.
- 27-06-2016 00:36
For psychology and sociology
An A4 folder for each subject with dividers to divide the topics
An A4 notebook to write notes and essays
A black, blue, and one coloured pen (to write the essay title)
Maybe a pencil and ruler too
Posted from TSR Mobile