Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finding it increasingly hard to find a job this summer- how about you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dunno about you guys, but in london I am finding it hard to find a job. ANy help please

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    I guess just go into places like mc donalds, burger king and hand them your cv.... this is what I did to get my first proper job last summer

ReputationRep:
    fefssdf

that doesnt work nowadays they say go online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    fefssdf

that doesnt work nowadays they say go online
    well burger king had a poster actually on the door asking people to hand in their cv's and i handed mine in, and then a week later I had a job here- yes most places are online but you will find that some shops till accept cv's

ReputationRep:
    thanks fefssdf any other places youve applied that allow you to hand in cvs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    thanks fefssdf any other places youve applied that allow you to hand in cvs?
    Last summer i literally thought one day ' i need a job' which was after applying for months online and not getting anywhere, so i went into my local town and just wondered into every shop going and handed in my cv, and then lucky for me i saw burger king wanted people so handed in my cv there as well... it does seem to be a bit of a luck game these days - just go into town and try and spot any posters advertising jobs - places like poundshops ect ? I hope you do get a job soon as i know what it feels like to be without one :/

ReputationRep:
    You might have luck with recruitment agencies trying to get you temporary jobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    You might have luck with recruitment agencies trying to get you temporary jobs
    applied to one called catapult but i feel that they are shitet- any other ones you know of?

ReputationRep:
    You should try Primark, I applied to 2 stores on their website in London which have temporary summer roles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    applied to one called catapult but i feel that they are shitet- any other ones you know of?
    Try reed, indeed, totaljobs, office Angels

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.