Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My school runs a competition where we write an EPQ/Extended Essay style paper on any topic we want and I really want to do something physics related. It shouldn't be too long (2000 words i think) but they say it can't just be regurgitating other peoples research: there has to be your own opinion or analysis or whatever. In previous years I know people have mapped astroid orbits/built fuel cells/explore star clusters. I was planning on doing an essay but just can't find a topic. I'm fascinated by relativity, space-time, gravitational waves, theory of everything all that sort of thing and was considering doing one on multiverse theory or time travel or something but I think it will be really hard to bring in my own work. Does anyone have any ideas of topics I could do that would allow me to bring something new without massively complex mathematics or anything?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.