Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am considering going to university after I have completed a couple of years at college first to gain more experience. But because I'm in 6th year and some of my friends are looking into university as they are going next year, I've looked into it myself just to gain some knowledge.

I would like to do Mental Health Nursing and saw that funding for nursing courses is seperate to all other courses. Nursing students are entitled to a bursary of £6578 each year. Then I found that part this bursary is meant to cover £5 a day for each day you need to travel. I don't feel like this bursary would cover costs of accommodation (the halls for Napier cost about £130 per week), food, a phone contract, study costs such as printer ink or books etc from my calculations. I wouldn't be getting any financial help from my parents either. I was wondering if since this is a bursary and I think you don't have to pay bursary's back, are nursing students entitled to a SAAS loan as well or is this bursary strictly the only financial help they are entitled to? I've also heard that many nursing students have to do a lot of hours at placement etc and struggle to find any time for a part time job as well.

Thanks in advance if anyone has an answer
    to this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.