Individual EU Membership

Watch
Theplace
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I’ve made a petition – will you sign it? See post below, currently being reviewed by governmemt.

'individual' EU membership for UK citizens

Visa free, to facilitate work and study, and to foster a feeling of community with mainland Europe.

There is a need for people, especially the young, to be able to move freely for travel to broaden their horizons, and for education and employment.

The recent referendum was a protest about the country not providing the infrastructure and services for it's people before opening the doors to others. The referendum was advisory and not legally binding, and no one, not even the leave party expected the outcome.

Individual membership will provide an income to the EU, allow free movement without additional paperwork visas, work and study permits.

Note: This is not intended for large groups to abuse a country's system, but to build stay connected, and to build inter country friendships and bridges.

£4:50 week dues payable to EU
Please tell your friends about petition. This is not about big business or trade agreements

Read todaays papers and sign petition....
Theplace
Rep:
?
Waiting for gov confirmatiom to proceed.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, this petition demonstrates that its originators and supporters have a firm grasp of nationality law and political realism.

:toofunny:
Theplace
Rep:
?
This is not about trade agreements and politics.
This is for individuals who want to broaden their horizons and lives.
If the UK exits the EU, we will be left with the same legislation as now, just without paying dues, but with restrictions on travel, study and work, which entails permission, paperwork and expense.
JamesN88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd wager that we won't lose free movement based on the fact that we need to retain access to the single market and this is a non-negotiable part of it, despite Boris' fantasy claims to the contrary.

Switzerland/Norway here we come IMO.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Theplace)
There is a need for people, especially the young, to be able to move freely for travel to broaden their horizons, and for education and employment.
That was what we had last week. A majority of voters in the country decided we didn't want / need this. I don't agree with that, but there we go.
Theplace
Rep:
?
These entail hundreds of agreements, great expense, with little gain.
Theplace
Rep:
?
Switzerland just warned rhe UK today about their terriible deal which guillotined air, train etc..in exchange for restricting movement. It appears that for everything a country wants to protect its identity and resources, they are punished. The entire system is punitive to individuals and entirely based on trade deals.
Theplace
Rep:
?
Stay tuned for individual membership petition
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Remember all 27 member states will have to approve your entry in to the EU as an individual member and they will require you to start using the Euro and make your house part of the Schengen area.
Theplace
Rep:
?
It is a matter of continuing membership....for individuals.
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait...

£4.50 a week for essentially an EU passport?

That's £2,340 for a 10-year passport. What a bloody joke.
Theplace
Rep:
?
Visas take time and money and gov approval, as do work and study permits.
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Visas take time and money and gov approval, as do work and study permits.
If you can't afford it I will pay for half of yours.
You are beyond hillarious.

No sane person would pay that amount, especially when it is highly unlikely EU countries will require us to have visas.
Theplace
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamestg)

No sane person would pay that amount, especially when it is highly unlikely EU countries will require us to have visas.
It had already been discussed for travel and is certain for study and work.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is a matter of continuing membership....for individuals.
I suppose there might have been people in, say, Poland who would have got up a petition to allow individual membership of the Warsaw pact in the early 1990s. Or, perhaps, Texans wanting to retain individual membership of the confederacy in 1865. There are idiots everywhere.

How about asking for individual membership of the United States of America?
Theplace
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
I suppose there might have been people in, say, Poland who would have got up a petition to allow individual membership of the Warsaw pact in the early 1990s. Or, perhaps, Texans wanting to retain individual membership of the confederacy in 1865. There are idiots everywhere.

How about asking for individual membership of the United States of America?
It is retaining what individuals already have, and which was conferred on them by the EU. It is a continuation of that right...except YOU can opt out.
Theplace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

Apparently Guy disagrees.
Theplace
Rep:
?

Not so hilarious now.
Theplace
Rep:
?

Any would pay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (107)
13.51%
I'm not sure (36)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (242)
30.56%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.53%
I'm not a current university student (387)
48.86%

Watched Threads