Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my prom this Friday and I decided to try a new spray self tanner I bought a few months ago so that my legs won't look so pale when I'm wearing my dress. The problem is that it didn't have a guide colour so when I woke up this morning I had lines of dark orange down my legs, with the rest of the skin untouched! It looks absolutely terrible and so obvious. I've tried everything to try and get it off, toothpaste, lemon juice, bicarbonate of soda, ugh I don't know what to do. Plus this fake tan lasts ages! I'm talking like over a week 😰 What should I do?? I'm wearing a short dress by the way, I really don't like maxi dresses.

Cheers 😭

ReputationRep:
    Anyone

ReputationRep:
    Essex curse strikes back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wimsett)
    I have my prom this Friday and I decided to try a new spray self tanner I bought a few months ago so that my legs won't look so pale when I'm wearing my dress. The problem is that it didn't have a guide colour so when I woke up this morning I had lines of dark orange down my legs, with the rest of the skin untouched! It looks absolutely terrible and so obvious. I've tried everything to try and get it off, toothpaste, lemon juice, bicarbonate of soda, ugh I don't know what to do. Plus this fake tan lasts ages! I'm talking like over a week 😰 What should I do?? I'm wearing a short dress by the way, I really don't like maxi dresses.

Cheers 😭
    Why do you need to change the pigment of your skin. You would of been fine without tan

ReputationRep:
    Do coloured tights work?

ReputationRep:
    Could you just wear tights? x

ReputationRep:
    I would say tights but I don't like it with an occasion like prom

Your prom is on Friday and it's only Monday so hopefully it wears off before it gets to your prom night.
    If not, then tights are your only option.

ReputationRep:
    Did you exfoliate before hand? Sometimes tan sits where skin has clogged up and makes the skin appear more orange! Scrub off what you've put on with body scrub and a body mitt/ exfoliating mitt- in a day or so try garnier sun-kissed self tan- a thinnish coat gives a great glow- not orange!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I would say tights but I don't like it with an occasion like prom

Your prom is on Friday and it's only Monday so hopefully it wears off before it gets to your prom night.
    If not, then tights are your only option.
    Would sheer tights do anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wimsett)
    Would sheer tights do anything?
    It's a better option.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.