Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Labour deputy leader Tom Watson tells Jeremy Corbyn to quit watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tom Watson has told Jeremy Corbyn to resign. He told him he has "no authority with the PLP".

Reported on the BBC, more coming in soon.

Will Secret Agent Corbyn last until tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry, the only way forward is for Corbyn to resign, a mass deselection of MPs or s majority of MPs resigning/ defecting/ forming a new party.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn should not resign.
    The Blairites are in the wrong, they have no support from their members, Corbyn on the other hand does have support.

They should either get behind him or **** of to the liberal democrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle-)
    The Blairites are in the wrong, they have no support from their members, Corbyn on the other hand does have support.

The fight within the Labour party is between the Tory-lite Blairite MPs largely of the Progress Group ( who support privatisation of the NHS and austerity) and the membership who want such things as investment for the NHS and Industry and nationalisation of the Railways. Policies to benefit the traditional Labour voter.

These right wing MPs have no respect for the views of the membership nor for their leader who attracted 200,000 new members in a matter of months!

Here is the petition in support of Jeremy Corbyn - over 202,000 have signed in the last couple of days, so much for the supposed loss of support for Jeremy. ( 9 have signed the petition for him to resign.) Sunday's Survation Poll for the Mail showed 32% for the Conservatives and 32% for Labour - everything to fight for!

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...n-after-brexit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    The fight within the Labour party is between the Tory-lite Blairite MPs largely of the Progress Group ( who support privatisation of the NHS and austerity) and the membership who want such things as investment for the NHS and Industry and nationalisation of the Railways. Policies to benefit the traditional Labour voter.

These right wing MPs have no respect for the views of the membership nor for their leader who attracted 200,000 new members in a matter of months!

Here is the petition in support of Jeremy Corbyn - over 202,000 have signed in the last couple of days, so much for the supposed loss of support for Jeremy. ( 9 have signed the petition for him to resign.)

The MPs have to work with him though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    And if they don't, they should leave the labour party. But don't expect corbyn to resign.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think these right wing MPs have thought it through.

They are only concerned with defeating Jeremy's policies by rubbishing him. After all they are in the pay of organisations such as the British Venture Capital Association which wants to privatise the NHS; or large corporations Talk Talk - Chris Bryant, Hitachi Caroline Flint, or Lord Sainsbury ( the Progress Group has had 260 million quid a year from him. )

Jeremy will win any leadership contest. Loads of Unions have come out in his favour and they have huge influence on people in the work place. Then where does it leave these MPs? They risk being deselected by their constituency Labour Parties - leading to the end of their political careers maybe. Without the Labour Party behind them , how many would get re elected?

ReputationRep:
    Tom Watson has told Jeremy Corbyn to resign. He told him he has "no authority with the PLP".

Reported on the BBC, more coming in soon.

Will Secret Agent Corbyn last until tomorrow?
    In a way this is good as EU negotiations will be delayed

I am hoping the longer the delay the better the negotiations we plan are

Although we are building a plan from a blank canvas because no one thought of doing it before the vote

lol

ReputationRep:
    And if they don't, they should leave the labour party. But don't expect corbyn to resign.
    I'm not complaining, hes running Labour into the ground.

ReputationRep:
    This is our moment guys! Let's take our party back! Bring back Blair, brown and MANDLESON

Kick out Corbyn and his commie filth

ReputationRep:

Here is the petition in support of Jeremy Corbyn - over 202,000 have signed in the last couple of days, so much for the supposed loss of support for Jeremy. ( 9 have signed the petition for him to resign.) Sunday's Survation Poll for the Mail showed 32% for the Conservatives and 32% for Labour - everything to fight for!

You commie scum invaded my party and have tried to destroy. We were a left wing party when Blair and Brown were around, that was enough. Corbyn turned us into an extremist radical left wing Marxist party.

I have heard from many party officials that 200 Labour MPs plan to oust Corbyn and overrule a member ballot. This is brilliant news, we can elect our own leader, Liz Kendall would be great or better yet bring back Blair.

You communist filth will not take over my party ever again

ReputationRep:
    The fight within the Labour party is between the Tory-lite Blairite MPs largely of the Progress Group ( who support privatisation of the NHS and austerity)
    You're very confused. There are no Blairites in the Shadow Cabinet. By and large they refused to serve and those that didn't were sacked in the reshuffle earlier this year.

Lisa Nandy, who Corbynites had identified as a rising star and possible Corbyn successor, has now said she will stand against Corbyn for the leadership.

Sunday's Survation Poll for the Mail showed 32% for the Conservatives and 32% for Labour
    One poll. All the rest have shown him consistently behind the Conservatives, he simply doesn't have the capacity to take the fight to them and we all know that when the general election comes Labour numbers will go down as we see a tsunami of stories about all the anti-semitic fascists and terrorists Corbyn has befriended and praised.

Oh and if Corbyn can't get a lead in the polls with the complete shambles we see on the treasury benches he never will.

ReputationRep:
    You don't even know what a Blairite is. There are no Blairites in the shadow cabinet, by and large they refused to serve in his shadow cabinet and those that didn't were sacked during the reshuffle.

Tell me, is Lisa Nandy a Blairite now? It's embarrassing that the hard left label anyone who disagrees with Corbyn a "Blairite". It also shows how obsessive and loony the Corbynites are given Blair left politics a decade ago

Or maybe the Corbynites can **** off to the SWP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    You commie scum invaded my party and have tried to destroy. We were a left wing party when Blair and Brown were around, that was enough. Corbyn turned us into an extremist radical left wing Marxist party.

I have heard from many party officials that 200 Labour MPs plan to oust Corbyn and overrule a member ballot. This is brilliant news, we can elect our own leader, Liz Kendall would be great or better yet bring back Blair.

If we're communist's then maybe you should try voting for the lib dems. Corbyn will stay leader so deal with it of support another party.

ReputationRep:
    If we're communist's then maybe you should try voting for the lib dems. Corbyn will stay leader so deal with it of support another party.
    How can Corbyn possibly be leader if 200 MPs oust him and the MPs pick a new leader? This is why you radical left wing extremists don't deserve to be in our party, you are too retarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)

The MPs can't overrule a member ballot. This is not how it works.

I think you'll find that descending to insults does not help you to win the argument but puts people off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.