Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

wondering if anyone can help me watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have a bit of a confusing question. Basically, I have just finished my third year of law, I did 50% of the year (coursework modules) but deferred by exams due to medical reasons (specifically mental health). I was supposed to then do the exams in the retake period in August however I do not feel up to it at all and feel that I need longer. Because of this, I am thinking of doing my exams next year in the summer but rather than just coming back to uni to do the exams I would rather still attend the tutorials for the three modules and still be at uni so that I have the support of my personal tutor etc etc, I would feel very lost without this and it wouldn't help my health. My question is then, in terms of student finance, could I still be classed as a full time student in order to get the full student funding even though I will only be attending 3/6 modules' worth of lectures and tutorials throughout the year. I know that the part time student finance would only cover tuition fee costs and so in order for me to be able to pay my rent and living costs I would need to get a full time job which would really get in the way of my learning and preparing for my exams.

Please let me know what I should do, thanks so much
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Because youll be classed as part time, it would be possible for you to get benefits.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.