Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I tolerate her shocking behaviour? Watch

Hello, my partner of just under two years is acting in a pretty disgusting way to me and it is really getting to me.

I finished college about two weeks ago but due to exams she only finished this thursday gone, I was going to watch the referendum on BBC and told her this so she decided to go to bed earlier isntead of texting which suited both of us but on Friday I couldn't help but notice she seemed very off, I asked how she was and so forth and she kept ignoring the question and complaining about her family but would then interrupt me and speak about how she is scared due to Brexit and how she had to buy stuff and it didn't make much sense because she didn't explain and when I asked she would say "Forget it" but then bring it up three minutes later! At one point she said she needed to go to the bathroom for five minutes, over ONE hour later she popped back up with no apology and kept ranting about her family :l

On Saturday I tried giving her some space and I said we should go out because her family are arguing a lot and she said she "can't be bothered to go out" and doesn't want to move from her bed which is fair enough, but pretty rude because I was only going to go out to cheer her up and all her responses were along the lines of "Yeah", "Ok", "Cool". Even when I wanted to call she just let it ring and didn't even acknowledge it within the same text message.

I had work on Sunday and came home to countless messages about where I was which was stupid because she was ignoring me for so long. When I replied she just read it, sent "x" and back to ignoring me. On Sunday night I was trying again and she kept complaining so I said explain it please and she said "forget it" then literally two minutes later she said it AGAIN so I asked, what is it you want to talk about because you tell me no then yes? Then she petulantly said forget it again. I then asked how she was and so forth and she was being really rude and for twenty minutes refused to answer and kept saying 'Ugh" as a way of pushing me back. Another bathroom break came and after arriving TWENTY minutes late again, she asked what I did so I said "Ah just waiting for you", not in a snarky way and she said that I'm not holding her hostage. I found that incredibly rude and she said you can go to bed, she then just disappeared, didn't read any messages and to now hasn't said anything.

Should I really have to put up with this? I might just watch England/Iceland tonight and go to bed early to avoid this nonsense, also is there anyway I can block out whatsapp on my phone for the night?

ReputationRep:
    If "college" means sixth form then from your post you haven't learned enough to be able to keep a relationship and neither has she. Sorry that you had to go through this but it's something you can learn from. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Use shock absorbers :sexface:

http://images.esellerpro.com/2189/I/...rber-red-1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello, my partner of just under two years is acting in a pretty disgusting way to me and it is really getting to me.

I finished college about two weeks ago but due to exams she only finished this thursday gone, I was going to watch the referendum on BBC and told her this so she decided to go to bed earlier isntead of texting which suited both of us but on Friday I couldn't help but notice she seemed very off, I asked how she was and so forth and she kept ignoring the question and complaining about her family but would then interrupt me and speak about how she is scared due to Brexit and how she had to buy stuff and it didn't make much sense because she didn't explain and when I asked she would say "Forget it" but then bring it up three minutes later! At one point she said she needed to go to the bathroom for five minutes, over ONE hour later she popped back up with no apology and kept ranting about her family :l

On Saturday I tried giving her some space and I said we should go out because her family are arguing a lot and she said she "can't be bothered to go out" and doesn't want to move from her bed which is fair enough, but pretty rude because I was only going to go out to cheer her up and all her responses were along the lines of "Yeah", "Ok", "Cool". Even when I wanted to call she just let it ring and didn't even acknowledge it within the same text message.

I had work on Sunday and came home to countless messages about where I was which was stupid because she was ignoring me for so long. When I replied she just read it, sent "x" and back to ignoring me. On Sunday night I was trying again and she kept complaining so I said explain it please and she said "forget it" then literally two minutes later she said it AGAIN so I asked, what is it you want to talk about because you tell me no then yes? Then she petulantly said forget it again. I then asked how she was and so forth and she was being really rude and for twenty minutes refused to answer and kept saying 'Ugh" as a way of pushing me back. Another bathroom break came and after arriving TWENTY minutes late again, she asked what I did so I said "Ah just waiting for you", not in a snarky way and she said that I'm not holding her hostage. I found that incredibly rude and she said you can go to bed, she then just disappeared, didn't read any messages and to now hasn't said anything.

Should I really have to put up with this? I might just watch England/Iceland tonight and go to bed early to avoid this nonsense, also is there anyway I can block out whatsapp on my phone for the night?
    Here we observe a wild species unable to make up their mind

ReputationRep:
    she might have failed her exams? keep pushing her for answers why she is being like that otherwise its never going to get better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.