Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Police Investigating Reports of Possible Hate Mail Left for Polish Community watch

ReputationRep:
    The Cambridgeshire Constabulary said it received reports of messages left at the houses of Polish residents. The notes said, "Leave the EU. No more Polish vermin," media outlets reported.

ReputationRep:
    This post referendum racism is absolutely disgusting. It really has allowed the xenophobes to come out of hiding.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this article in the news and just don't know what to say. It is absolutely disgusting behaviour, the people who are responsible need to be found and punished. Just trash

ReputationRep:
    So many racist incidents reported

ReputationRep:
    welcome to Boris' Magic Kingdom

ReputationRep:
    Brexit didn't cause racism- but it is allowing the racists to quite shockingly come out of the woodwork, feeling confident in their casual racism.

Hopefully the presentation of this systemic problem in our society will catalyse much needed education and awareness which will lead to the reduction of it overall.

Racism is never good but establishing its incidence and realising it sorely needs attention is a good thing.

An analogy would be like that of discovering a cancer- it's much better to realise it exists then it is to let it continue unchecked until it is out of control.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, I've got a lot of abuse on TSR for having vote leave as my avatar, more abuse than these leaflets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    The Cambridgeshire Constabulary said it received reports of messages left at the houses of Polish residents. The notes said, "Leave the EU. No more Polish vermin," media outlets reported.
    AND leave voters were said to be non racists! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_20160627_125150.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  134.2 KB

Not just from Leave campaigners. Not defending either though. Both are wrong, but both are minority cases. If we take all the Polish out of this country then some industries will be certain to fall i.e. construction.

ReputationRep:
    I do worry that the Brexit vote means the gloves are off for many of Britain's xenophobes. No more will they hide behind their mask of English politeness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indians4Brexit)
    Name:  IMG_20160627_125150.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  134.2 KB

Not just from Leave campaigners. Not defending either though. Both are wrong, but both are minority cases. If we take all the Polish out of this country then some industries will be certain to fall i.e. construction.
    That's a Sikh. Ignorant, illiterate, racist ***** are targetting all nin white people. It's like the leave EU win has been accepted to be freely allowing racists to say, attack, scare ethnic communities. It's ****ing crazy as Americans attacking Sikhs for being Muslims due to similar beard & turban appearances.

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    Tbf, I've got a lot of abuse on TSR for having vote leave as my avatar, more abuse than these leaflets.
    I've seen people saying mean things about leave and remain. There's no denying that.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't about Brexiters vs remainers. It's about the rise in racial abuse, as a Brexiter you'd want to stop these people giving Brexiters a bad name.

And I do apologise for any unreasonable abuse you have received, this just highlights how divided the nation is, we just need to unite and solve this messy situation.

ReputationRep:
    I second this, I've been campaigning for Brexit since Feb, almost every young Remain supporter has labelled me and others a racist, or bigot, or fascist in their responses, even though immigration is just one of many reasons to vote leave. They are not the angels they like to think themselves as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    This isn't about Brexiters vs remainers. It's about the rise in racial abuse, as a Brexiter you'd want to stop these people giving Brexiters a bad name.

And I do apologise for any unreasonable abuse you have received, this just highlights how divided the nation is, we just need to unite and solve this messy situation.
    Correct, I don't see the problem in Polish people, many Polish men work in construction, doing the jobs the younger Brits don't want to, they are also very hardworking. You can't just take them out and expect everything to be the same. I'm all for leave but the people leaving these posters are making matters worse.

ReputationRep:
    Tell people immigrants are the problem > look surprised when racism and xenophobia increase

#justrightwingthings

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.