Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking English, History, Law and possibly Politics if my first choice college allows me to take a fourth.
    Currently, my GCSE predicted grades are all either A*'s or 8 [the new 1-9 equivalent] and I'm on target to achieve these with a year left of studying to do.
    My first choice of college is Winstanley as it seems to be pretty good and it's fairly close to me. Has anyone ever taken any of the subjects I'm considering there?
    Any help is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Do the subjects you think you will enjoy and get the best grades in - these are by far the most important things to consider as your grades will get you into a law course more than your subjects.

This is a minor comment but some universities are a little sniffy about taking law as an A-level, although attitudes have changed somewhat from when many more thought like that. However I have seen plenty of applications from people who have had a A-level in law and have gone to high profile universities, so this is a very minor comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    English, History and Maths are probably the most desirable, possibly Politics or a science to diversify your application. Most important thing though is to get good GCSE grades, good A2 predictions and a good LNAT score. I've heard as well that universities don't like A level law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Do the subjects you think you will enjoy and get the best grades in - these are by far the most important things to consider as your grades will get you into a law course more than your subjects.

This is a minor comment but some universities are a little sniffy about taking law as an A-level, although attitudes have changed somewhat from when many more thought like that. However I have seen plenty of applications from people who have had a A-level in law and have gone to high profile universities, so this is a very minor comment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    English, History and Maths are probably the most desirable, possibly Politics or a science to diversify your application. Most important thing though is to get good GCSE grades, good A2 predictions and a good LNAT score. I've heard as well that universities don't like A level law.
    Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter so do the ones you want to. Honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Literally any.

Any A levels which can get you the highest possible marks.

If this is Law, then take Law, if it happens to be Maths, take Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Take what you love and can score highly in - you'll find everything ends up helping you to some extent in your law studies, from sciences to drama.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.