Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain should now push a energy revolotion, invest in sustainable energy consumption Watch

ReputationRep:
    Britain should now be looking to invest and be at the vanguard of the transition from fossil fuels, to be ahead of the curve will benefit us in terms of our future stability and prosperity, not to mention future jobs. We cannot deny that it is estimated they will run out at 2080, maybe at the latest 2080. It will not behove us to see it in some silly way like it's a 'bleeding heart' issue. Even if climate change wasn't happening, we are still running out. This could be one of the single most important revolutions to come.

What are your thoughts in this and are there any with knowledge of this in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Britain should now be looking to invest and be at the vanguard of the transition from fossil fuels, to be ahead of the curve will benefit us in terms of our future stability and prosperity, not to mention future jobs. We cannot deny that it is estimated they will run out at 2080, maybe at the latest 2080. It will not behove us to see it in some silly way like it's a 'bleeding heart' issue. Even if climate change wasn't happening, we are still running out. This could be one of the single most important revolutions to come.

I completely agree that we need to invest a lot more in renewables and it will be the future until we develop some power source that isn't as dangerous as Nuclear. However, I feel the country is too short termist in it's thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebby491)
    I completely agree that we need to invest a lot more in renewables and it will be the future until we develop some power source that isn't as dangerous as Nuclear. However, I feel the country is too short termist in it's thinking.
    I know the whole of our politics are obsessed with self-interest and the short term, the referendum showed it to me, sadly I thought remain was the far more short term case. But we have made a long term move, you may not agree, maybe we can make more now.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. We need wind, solar and hydro energy like in Pokemon.

ReputationRep:

the people who voted Leave are not the type of people to be upset about dying hedgehogs.

ReputationRep:
    I know the whole of our politics are obsessed with self-interest and the short term, the referendum showed it to me, sadly I thought remain was the far more short term case. But we have made a long term move, you may not agree, maybe we can make more now.
    I agree completely, remain always seemed like the short sighted option to me but the reactions of so many, especially the young, has made me worry about talking about long term action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    the people who voted Leave are not the type of people to be upset about dying hedgehogs.
    I knew it would be misrepresented, why does politics always descend into childish tribal caricatures? I voted leave. It is a cold hard fact that fossil fuels last until 2080 max, why the hell are we burying our heads in the sand? It is simply a choice between soulless, moronic short termism and waiting for a point of chaos and implosion, or putting something in place well before for a smooth transition, which will stabilize our economy and boost our economic success into the future.

ReputationRep:
    I knew it would be misrepresented, why does politics always descend into childish tribal caricatures? I voted leave. It is a cold hard fact that fossil fuels last until 2080 max, why the hell are we burying our heads in the sand? It is simply a choice between soulless, moronic short termism and waiting for a point of chaos and implosion, or putting something in place well before for a smooth transition, which will stabilize our economy and boost our economic success into the future.
    the obvious choice is nuclear energy. i voted Remain ( see sig picture )

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.