Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the first time, I wouldn't mind if a Brexit government slashed their funding.
    Making irresponsible and selfish predictions to the world about the economy, just out of petulance, to try and destabilize us. Wanting us to fail so badly so they get their metropolitan way, thinking they have it hard on their massive salaries, they sicken me. It's not going to work to do more of the same, keep trying to control the narrative and tell people what to think, already people have shown they won't be browbeaten, and if they try it again, but worse, and with morel lies, and surpress so many people's decision, they will make life way worse for themselves.
    And as for the miserly, anti-democratic losers petition, witnessing the sour newsreader talking about 'would it do any good' was vile. Think of what money she lives on compared to the people who suffer from all her political wishes. The British media will have to take a more US style turn, and just be honestly for one side or the other, because impartiality is merely a pretense.
    And David Lammy will not get away with the fast one he is pulling, unless he tries to play a race card or appeal to the groupthink metropolitans again, he will enrage so many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    For the first time, I wouldn't mind if a Brexit government slashed their funding.
    Making irresponsible and selfish predictions to the world about the economy, just out of petulance, to try and destabilize us. Wanting us to fail so badly so they get their metropolitan way, thinking they have it hard on their massive salaries, they sicken me. It's not going to work to do more of the same, keep trying to control the narrative and tell people what to think, already people have shown they won't be browbeaten, and if they try it again, but worse, and with morel lies, and surpress so many people's decision, they will make life way worse for themselves.
    And as for the petition, witnessing the sour newsreader talking about 'would it do any good' was vile. Think of what money she lives on compared to the people who suffer from all her political wishes. The British media will have to take a more US style turn, and just be honestly for one side or the other, because impartiality is merely a pretense.
    I think a Labour government would get rid of the TV license and slash funding to invest elsewhere to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    These apocalypse predictions are really getting absurd now.

Also, OP, now that we're Brexit your username should be banned, no more French saucissons sexies for us :no:
    i have already warned lui/elle him/her to get a new name.

so has the £ not fallen to a 31 year low against the Dollar ? probably just malicious lies spread by the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    same babies

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely!
    How dare they tell us the truth!!!??!

I've turned to the other Channels in disgust.

Oh! they're saying the same thing.....:hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    And the Telegraph, The Sun, The Express.

Traitors the lot of them. Almost as bad as Moody's how dare they downgrade our credit rating? Where is their patriotism?

I say we should have a truly patriotic media and financial service industry with Ian Duncan Smith running it. He won't talk our great country down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)

Traitors the lot of them. Almost as bad as Moody's how dare they downgrade our credit rating? Where is their patriotism?

I say we should have a truly patriotic media and financial service industry with Ian Duncan Smith running it. He won't talk our great country down.
    Err, I'm sorry, those papers are not behaving like the BBC, they were pro-leave and are being more objective. And of course we would take a short term hit, credit ratings are neither permanent or the bloody end of the world.
    And as for the person who said other channels, so channel four and the beeb are cultural leftists and cosmopolitans who hate the idea the 'little Englanders' could be proven right. We all know which way they lean so of course they are biased. Jesus, can I imagine most of American media decrying the fact they hadn't given their independence to someone else? Never mind the hatred of any patriotism(as distinct from jingoism)? We are still stuck in the post imperial self loathing mode, this was a move for the future, and beyond that era. The EU was not the solution, just like it wasn't for the enitirity of Southern Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)

What right does some foreign bean-counting operation have to criticize our great plucky economy ? i know who i would rather have on my side when the digestive end products interface with the ventilation equipment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    What right does some foreign bean-counting operation have to criticize our great plucky economy ? i know who i would rather have on my side when the digestive end products interface with the ventilation equipment.
    Bean counter is the word for it. They are soulless utilitarians, who would love to have us half the way to global government, mere pawns in a corporate global dictatorship with politicians as mere puppets and administrators for it. The superficiality and gullibility about the cynicism and darkness of the EU and other globalist interests is breathtaking. I really do believe that history may record this, though it is less obvious and less heroic, and will only become incrementally apparent, and although the people on the other side had more noble intentions than the other side in the 1930's, that we 52%, we may have done the equivalent as Britain in the second world war. I think it could be that morally important to the globe, in terms of what it precipitates, in rejecting the darkness of globalizing 'world government' forces.
    I also think that post fossil fuels, and before if we are visionary and transition, our economies will become relocalised, there are many predictions on this basis, this will also make the decision apposite.

ReputationRep:
    Bean counter is the word for it. They are soulless utilitarians, who would love to have us half the way to global government, mere pawns in a corporate global dictatorship with politicians as mere puppets and administrators for it. The superficiality and gullibility about the cynicism and darkness of the EU and other globalist interests is breathtaking. I really do believe that history may record this, though it is less obvious and less heroic, and will only become incrementally apparent, and although the people on the other side had more noble intentions than the other side in the 1930's, that we 52%, we may have done the equivalent as Britain in the second world war. I think it could be that morally important to the globe, in terms of what it precipitates, in rejecting the darkness of globalizing 'world government' forces.
    unfortunately the world of Nigel would have been past its sell by date in 1950. today's world story is transnational flows of people and money. If somebody said that Manchester United should only field players born within 5 miles of Old Trafford you would regard them as perhaps a little ermm odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    unfortunately the world of Nigel would have been past its sell by date in 1950. today's world story is transnational flows of people and money. If somebody said that Manchester United should only field players born within 5 miles of Old Trafford you would regard them as perhaps a little ermm odd.
    Who's saying that? I'm saying international trade that is much more economically beneficial to us, makes us competitive, benefits poorer nations, plus greater control over our individual destinies. What's not to like?

ReputationRep:
    Who's saying that? I'm saying international trade that is much more economically beneficial to us, makes us competitive, benefits poorer nations, plus greater control over our individual destinies. What's not to like?
    this is just a vanity project for Boris and his sidekick Nigel. our standing in the community of nations will be reduced to somewhere between that of Greenland and Iceland.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.