Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brexiteers, is Boris privately pro EU, should we trust him? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did he do it to raise his profile and distinguish himself from Cameron, and is his heart in Brexit? Will he keep us in or try to on the sly? I know Farage is. I know David Davis, and Hannan is, and the likes of Frank Field, but I'm convinced with Boris, Your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Boris is highly educated and sophisticated; that alone sets him apart from the herd of Brexit supporters. His trousers are made from the finest cotton twill, not industrial nylon.

ReputationRep:
    The truth is he'd probably support shariah law if he thought he'd gain from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Boris is highly educated and sophisticated; that alone sets him apart from the herd of Brexit supporters. His trousers are made from the finest cotton twill, not industrial nylon.
    This is the sort of arrogance that led to vote leave winning in the first place. Some of you will never learn that your elitist diatribe is only going to damage your campaign, not strengthen it. Its also hilarious that you claim they're highly educated yet Farage, Boris, Gove and co. are all highly educated, Daniel Hannan is one of the best public speakers and can articulate a point in a way that a remain voter could only dream of and many of us who voted leave are business professionals who contribute to society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    This is the sort of arrogance that led to vote leave winning in the first place. Some of you will never learn that your elitist diatribe is only going to damage your campaign, not strengthen it. Its also hilarious that you claim they're highly educated yet Farage, Boris, Gove and co. are all highly educated, Daniel Hannan is one of the best public speakers and can articulate a point in a way that a remain voter could only dream of and many of us who voted leave are business professionals who contribute to society.
    i just said that Boris is highly educated... are you OK ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    The truth is he'd probably support shariah law if he thought he'd gain from it.
    Well played Sir ! That one went over the catering van.

:congrats:

you have won today's Internet

ReputationRep:
    How do Remainers feel about Corbyn being 25%+ anti-EU? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Boris just cares about Boris.. He'll support whatever he thinks will get him to the top

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    I think the point he is making that the working clas revolt against an elite establishment was in fact orchestrated by another segment of the elite establishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    How do Remainers feel about Corbyn being 25%+ anti-EU? :lol:
    Don't care he's toast

How do you feel about your brexiters being utterly clueless and giving up on their pledges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    I think the point he is making that the working clas revolt against an elite establishment was in fact orchestrated by another segment of the elite establishment.
    Well of course. Thats generally how politics is in this country: a bunch of privileged *******s arguing like children with a set of other privileged *******s. That's just par for the course. Just because the working class people were led by him into battle against the establishment, it doesn't mean they regard him as one of their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Did he do it to raise his profile and distinguish himself from Cameron, and is his heart in Brexit? Will he keep us in or try to on the sly? I know Farage is. I know David Davis, and Hannan is, and the likes of Frank Field, but I'm convinced with Boris, Your thoughts?
    I don't think Boris is the right person to lead the Conservative Party. As much as I admire his personality, the Tories need to elect an MP who will unite both sides of the EU referendum so that we can go on and have a useful and efficient government. I think the best person to do that is Theresa May who has been purposefully quiet about the whole EU referendum.

On the question of Boris' secret liking of EU, I think Boris would be more open to the "Switzerland option" than some of the more hardcore Leave campaigners. As someone who is trying to be mature about the break-up, I would be very interested in not being part of the EU but being part of the free market.

ReputationRep:
    Took you a while to realise...

The thread title makes it seem like Brexit is a gang.. :curious:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Boris is neither pro nor anti-EU, he backs whichever he thinks can both serve his own interests and win.

You have nothing to fear in terms of a betrayal of not leaving the EU however he will certainly betray those who want us out of immigration and the single market given that a Norway like model would probably please both sides of the camp for the most part, thereby serving his interests.

One must remember that where Thatcher had ideology, in Boris there's a hole which can be filled by whichever way the wind is blowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Boris is neither pro nor anti-EU, he backs whichever he thinks can both serve his own interests and win.

You have nothing to fear in terms of a betrayal of not leaving the EU however he will certainly betray those who want us out of immigration and the single market given that a Norway like model would probably please both sides of the camp for the most part, thereby serving his interests.

One must remember that where Thatcher had ideology, in Boris there's a hole which can be filled by whichever way the wind is blowing.
    You say single market, you mean more protectionism and free movement?

ReputationRep:
    I like Boris. He's a smart and capable man, and I very often agree with him.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, however.

ReputationRep:
    Boris is only pro one thing and that's himself.

ReputationRep:
    The conservatives need a PM with a pro Brexit History going way back, and that isn't Boris. The 'Captain' of the ship needs to be a true Brexiteer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.