Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I've been talking to this girl online for months now everyday back and forth. She is always quick to reply and ask questions etc. Then all of a sudden she stops :/ Like she now takes ages to reply and ignores my message because you can see she is online and posting things but ignores me :/ I'm so confused why someone would do this?? I assume for whatever reason she has lost interest, I think I should forgot her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I've been talking to this girl online for months now everyday back and forth. She is always quick to reply and ask questions etc. Then all of a sudden she stops :/ Like she now takes ages to reply and ignores my message because you can see she is online and posting things but ignores me :/ I'm so confused why someone would do this?? I assume for whatever reason she has lost interest, I think I should forgot her?
    From my experience:
    -bored
    -found someone new/better
    - lost interest
    - realised she's not into you

Leave it. Stop messaging. If she wants to talk, wait until she talks to you. I've made many many mistakes in these situations, don't repeat my mistakes.

(Original post by BioStudentx)
    From my experience:
    -bored
    -found someone new/better
    - lost interest
    - realised she's not into you

Leave it. Stop messaging. If she wants to talk, wait until she talks to you. I've made many many mistakes in these situations, don't repeat my mistakes.
    With every reply it takes longer it's taken 24hrs to reply to my last one, I think I should just not bother at all now?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Could be a number of reasons, she's lost interest, she's found someone else or she may just be really busy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't try to force yourself on her, I'm not saying this for her sake but for yours. You'll only get hurt when she can't give you what you're looking for right now. You can try to directly ask her what's going on with you 2 now but if that doesn't work I'd just leave her and try to forget about her until she decides she wants to talk again.

ReputationRep:

How do you know she was interested in the first place?

If she was, you bored her to death and she lost interest.

ReputationRep:
    Did you make your intentions clear? Why did you speak for so long without organising something?

Unless you only want a cyber relationship, in which case, why the hell are you looking for that?

ReputationRep:
    i would say the main reason is because texting just isn't sustainable, she may have realised that its taking up alot of her time or shes bored or found someone else. but yeh the lesson is texting isn't sustainable. it doesnt mean nearly as much as if you were actually seeing eachother and talking in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Someone else is hitting that sh*t. Drop the talky talky routine, ain't no-one got time for that ****. Tell her it's go time or it's bye time. Simples

Ok I've asked her out previously, I've asked her on a date a couple of times now. She says yes but she would like to meet up with other people first because she never met me. Anyway, she ignored me for a couple of days, and I know she was talking to another guy and she's even arranged to meet him. She is now talking to me again none stop, liking all my pics, and none stop chatting to me with long long messages :/ I'm totally confused. She says we get on great but when I try and meet it seems like she is trying to make excuses yet she will happily arrange to meet this other guy.

ReputationRep:
    Call her out on it.

Dont be a ***** about though. Just be like "ay noticed you gone radio silent on me recently what gives"

and please whatever you do, in no way beg / plead for her attention. if she doesnt want to talk, then whatever right, she aint the only bish in the world

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.