The Student Room Group

Dentistry (2016 Application)- Low predicted grade

Hi so I'm a Year 12 student and wanting to apply for Dentistry to do in University in 2017.
I don't know what I was thinking but I got a REALLY bad mock grade for Chemistry as I didn't revise as much as I should have... and it is the grade that my teachers will be basing for my Uni application (it is WAY below the course requirement).

I feel like i will be 100% rejected to do Dentistry so I was thinking if I could (re)apply in 2017 (when I get my final A level grade????? In the hope that I get the AAA)???? I don't know what to do because Dentistry is what I really want to do in Uni.
If I do (re)apply in 2017, after I finish 2 years of A Level with my final grades, will it be in time to be able to start Uni in 2017 or will I need to have a gap year?

:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by tykh_
Hi so I'm a Year 12 student and wanting to apply for Dentistry to do in University in 2017.
I don't know what I was thinking but I got a REALLY bad mock grade for Chemistry as I didn't revise as much as I should have... and it is the grade that my teachers will be basing for my Uni application (it is WAY below the course requirement).

I feel like i will be 100% rejected to do Dentistry so I was thinking if I could (re)apply in 2017 (when I get my final A level grade????? In the hope that I get the AAA)???? I don't know what to do because Dentistry is what I really want to do in Uni.
If I do (re)apply in 2017, after I finish 2 years of A Level, will it be in time to be able to start Uni in 2017 or will I need to have a gap year?

you need to beg beg beg beg beg your teachers !
Reply 2
Original post by tykh_

If I do (re)apply in 2017, after I finish 2 years of A Level with my final grades, will it be in time to be able to start Uni in 2017 or will I need to have a gap year?

I don’t want to be offensive but would you mind sharing what your predicted are?
Im literally in the same boat as you - I got BBCs for my predicted
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest