Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brexit: David Cameron rules out second EU referendum Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7105596.html

REMAINERS B T F O

ReputationRep:
    Good. The petition was stupid, not only did people who could vote sign it, people who were too young also signed it as well as people not even in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who firmly believes staying in the EU was the better option, I'm neither surprised or disappointed.

It would have made us as a country lose even more face than we already have. We've made our shocker of a decision now we've just got to deal with the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    I am starting to believe maybe a 2nd referendum isn't a bad thing.

However it should not jut state in or out.

It should also spell if it is In on what terms.

If it is Out then which option should it be? Remain a member of the EEA, EFTA or just go out on the basis of WTO rules.

As a Leave voter, I didn't vote only to find the very things I wanted out of are still there and those who voted out on the basis of immigration will still find the influx of EU migrants.

ReputationRep:
    We've had the referendum, it's not best of three.

ReputationRep:
    That seals my decision then. I stood with the 48% and the other half of the country has betrayed us. It's time I set in motion my plans to leave the country. Many other young people will feel and do the same as well. I in no way want to support the efforts of the Brexiters to shape Britain in their vision. I could not in good conscience do that. They deserve to take the full brunt of the struggles that lie ahead for the country. Once I'm far enough in my career, I'll be looking to leave England by 2020/2021. Another election away and I'll try to shape the country to be in a better footing for the next election with my vote. I

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we should have another referendum based on a petition. But, I do think that we should hold a general election, because it's not right for the other 48% to not have any say on who is the next Prime Minister of our country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    That seals my decision then. I stood with the 48% and the other half of the country has betrayed us. It's time I set in motion my plans to leave the country. Many other young people will feel and do the same as well. I in no way want to support the efforts of the Brexiters to shape Britain in their vision. I could not in good conscience do that. They deserve to take the full brunt of the struggles that lie ahead for the country. Once I'm far enough in my career, I'll be looking to leave England by 2020/2021. Another election away and I'll try to shape the country to be in a better footing for the next election with my vote. I
    That's democracy. I'm sure North Korea or China would love to have you.

Shaping a country by the vision of the majority is how democracy works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    That's democracy. I'm sure North Korea or China would love to have you.

Shaping a country by the vision of the majority is how democracy works.
    It doesn't mean that the democratic views of the people are correct. A democratically elected government that had a mandate from the people to kill every chicken so that we have no chickens to eat would not be a sensible democratic objective demanded by the people. Time will tell if the people chose to kill the chicken

ReputationRep:
    Poland will be furious

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/eu...g-party-leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marco14196)
    It doesn't mean that the democratic views of the people are correct. A democratically elected government that had a mandate from the people to kill every chicken so that we have no chickens to eat would not be a sensible democratic objective demanded by the people. Time will tell if the people chose to kill the chicken
    Whether they are correct is debatable. In your opinion, the 17 million people might not be. I'd beg to differ.

ReputationRep:
    It was never going to happen let's be honest
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    REMAINCUCKS BTFO
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    The 2nd referendum, idea was stupid or at least right now it is. I doubt it will be final and irreovocable though. Opinions change, so it wouldnt suprise me in the next 20-30 years its revisited, By that time a lot of the anti EU voters will have died off and overall public sentiment may have changed. Up to the Brexiters to show it was the right decision now and they should be given a free reign to run the country as well as taking responsibility for it.

Cameron is only going to be PM till October, so he will just shuffle off eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...e=news_central

ReputationRep:
    Until Article 50 is triggered informal talks are rather pointless. Up to the next PM so decide the type of deal we get.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.