Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    BoE base rate = 2.5%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    BoE base rate = 2.5%
    Which would cause deflation and recession. Let the pound float and exports prosper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Which would cause deflation and recession. Let the pound float and exports prosper.
    No, I want to see real negative equity tears in the city. I literally want to see someone with a house they have an outstanding mortgage of £1,000,000 fall to £250k in value and them to have to pay 8% pa anyway. For shits and giggles.

ReputationRep:
    Start selling our money.

I'll pay 50p for every £1 someone gives me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Start selling our money.

I'll bid 60p.

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland, Japan and China have indicated they will take measures to artificially weaken their currencies against the pound, and lets be honest some crap news about some eurozone country needing a bailout or having record unemployment or zero growth will come out soon enough that will weaken the euro.

ReputationRep:
    No, I want to see real negative equity tears in the city. I literally want to see someone with a house they have an outstanding mortgage of £1,000,000 fall to £250k in value and them to have to pay 8% pa anyway. For shits and giggles.
    And what about all the families who have modest houses worth £250k? They will be out. And the recent grads who have just bought houses for £100k? They will be out. Do you not understand that by seeing folks you aspire to being harmed, harms you. If the price of housing drops through the floor I can guarantee you won't get a mortgage for love nor money. So you still won't have a house.

Exacting revenge won't help anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    lets be honest some crap news about some eurozone country needing a bailout or having record unemployment or zero growth will come out soon enough that will weaken the euro.
    Let's hope that EU country isn't the UK eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Let's hope that EU country isn't the UK eh?
    I thought some wisecrack would say that, which is why I qualified it as eurozone countries

ReputationRep:
    And what about all the families who have modest houses worth £250k? They will be out. And the recent grads who have just bought houses for £100k? They will be out. Do you not understand that by seeing folks you aspire to being harmed, harms you. If the price of housing drops through the floor I can guarantee you won't get a mortgage for love nor money. So you still won't have a house.

It's not about revenge, it's about sanity. The bubble must burst and people must be hurt to ensure it never again happens.

I don't care about any of these people, if you bought on the assumption of future growth rather than on the underlying value of the asset, you deserve to get your ass bitten.

ReputationRep:
    It's not about revenge, it's about sanity. The bubble must burst and people must be hurt to ensure it never again happens.

I don't care about any of these people, if you bought on the assumption of future growth rather than on the underlying value of the asset, you deserve to get your ass bitten.
    Of course you don't care for these people but what you don't seem to grasp is that when they fall we all fall and that includes you and I. It is not a case that when they fall you can step into their place. It doesn't work like that. And as for boom and bust? Didn't Gordon Brown end that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    I thought some wisecrack would say that, which is why I qualified it as eurozone countries
    Well if it is a eurozone country, they will have the EU to fall back on. Now we are alone in the world we have no one watching our back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Start selling our money.

(Original post by Good bloke)
    I'll bid 60p.
    I'll give people $1 per £100

ReputationRep:
    It would be great to see all the smug idiots in London go homeless to be honest. It would be like the rest of the British peasants had risen and brought them down to our level. If I had to go poor in the process it would not bother me because I am use to it growing up in a less well off part of the UK but to see them down there with me, that would be like a lifetime of celebration delivered all at once.

It would put us all down on the same level. Most of us outside of London are pretty much there anyway so to bring them crashing down with us would be the beautifully poetic. They might cope in their London bubble but can they cope in the wild?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    It would be great to see all the smug idiots in London go homeless to be honest. It would be like the rest of the British peasants had risen and brought them down to our level. If I had to go poor in the process it would not bother me because I am use to it growing up in a less well off part of the UK but to see them down there with me, that would be like a lifetime of celebration delivered all at once.
    DAS MA MAYN WELSHIEE

These ****ers needs to be made into slaves to their interest charges literally for the rest of their lives, I don't care what happens, so long as they are run to the ground.

London must fall :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    It would put us all down on the same level. Most of us outside of London are pretty much there anyway so to bring them crashing down with us would be the beautifully poetic. They might cope in their London bubble but can they cope in the wild?
    But it won't. Are you really telling me that by falling on his sword, Cameron will be popping into his local job centre to sign on? I think not. If housing falls by 50% is won't force lots of people living on the edge to go bankrupt. It just means they can't move any time soon. In any recession or depression it is always the people at the bottom of the pile that fair the worst, not the rich.

ReputationRep:
    But it won't. Are you really telling me that by falling on his sword, Cameron will be popping into his local job centre to sign on? I think not. If housing falls by 50% is won't force lots of people living on the edge to go bankrupt. It just means they can't move any time soon. In any recession or depression it is always the people at the bottom of the pile that fair the worst, not the rich.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.