I think I failed my Biology mock exam...

Watch
username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Are mocks really that important? My teacher said that we will be put into foundation or higher based on how we done on it and I think I got less than a half. Also, does anyone know what the grade boundaries roughly are for OCR Gateway Biology Higher?
niv1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by *Alisha*)
Are mocks really that important? My teacher said that we will be put into foundation or higher based on how we done on it and I think I got less than a half. Also, does anyone know what the grade boundaries roughly are for OCR Gateway Biology Higher?
I think it should be fine as long as you do better in the real thing. Maybe tell your teacher you just had a bad day if you want to be put into the higher exam. Grade boundaries change every year maybe you can check your board's website for last year's exam's boundaries.
FredTheBaker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
An employer, university, or sixth form will never say to you that you can't join because you failed at your mocks.

Mocks are only there for practise for the real thing. If you did badly, ask for the paper, see what went wrong, how you should improve, and revise it for your actual exams. Your mock results really don't matter, they're just there to show you how well you can do. That doesn't mean don't try though - teachers care, and they can give a good scope on how you will do in your actual exams.

As for getting higher or foundation - if she does put you down to do foundation, speak to them, tell them that you didn't revise enough, had a bad day etc, and that you want do the higher paper - it should be your choice in the end.
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mocks are important because they will be used as your predictions for A LEVEL

Posted from TSR Mobile
junayd1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Naomeyz_01)

Posted from TSR Mobile
ARE THEY REALLY OOH MY GOSH OH MY DAYZ FAMALAmZ
patricio_miguel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omg what are you going to do now????? You failed your mock you can't go to college now, that means you can't go to university omg and you won't be able to get a job omg omg
username1294428
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Naomeyz_01)

Posted from TSR Mobile
She's asking about GCSE subject lol no a level has higher or foundation option.

To the original poster, the grade matters if it decides whether you'll be doing higher or foundation. So if you didn't do so well and get put into foundation, you're risking only getting a maximum of a C grade in the actual exam
username2713253
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah sometimes they do matter, for higher the grade boundaries are lower but the content is supposedly harder.
junayd1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by patricio_miguel)
Omg what are you going to do now????? You failed your mock you can't go to college now, that means you can't go to university omg and you won't be able to get a job omg omg
trus me some ppl
username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by FredTheBaker)
An employer, university, or sixth form will never say to you that you can't join because you failed at your mocks.

Mocks are only there for practise for the real thing. If you did badly, ask for the paper, see what went wrong, how you should improve, and revise it for your actual exams. Your mock results really don't matter, they're just there to show you how well you can do. That doesn't mean don't try though - teachers care, and they can give a good scope on how you will do in your actual exams.

As for getting higher or foundation - if she does put you down to do foundation, speak to them, tell them that you didn't revise enough, had a bad day etc, and that you want do the higher paper - it should be your choice in the end.
I did revise there were just too many graph questions and so many calculations you had to do.
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the tiers you're doing should be 95% your choice, the other 5% is the teacher's recommendation, but at the end of the day, you can pay the examiner to change your tier and money speaks louder soooooo of course teachers can't intervene then.
TheWay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If this happened now you would be well and truly oofed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads