For the sake of everyone...

Watch
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I think we need to tone down our political posts and arguments as it's becoming vile and cruel and some people are sprouting hate which is uncalled for. I'm going to have to admit that the Leave vote won, it was a democracy and there is nothing we can do now but accept it, I'm finding some people's behaviour on here truly disgusting, everyone in the UK is allowed to vote if they are registered and are over 18 so enough with the whole "Oh the old people will be dead soon, why did they bother voting?" and I'm seeing a lot of Bremainers posting this which is making Brexiters put us down even further.

Obviously from my posts, I voted for Remain and I am a strong advocate for Remain but now isn't the time to attack people and their beliefs no more, we need to seriously come together to work out what we want for the UK, and what is best. We all come from different walks of life, some more maturer and experienced and others more knowledgeable in culture and very diverse. I also apologise for my behaviour towards Leave voters but now can we atleast come up with what we want to happen in the forthcoming year without spewing hate and jumping at other people's throats?

The pound fell really hard but it was going to happen regardless if Remain or Leave won, give it a few weeks and it will rise up. The only issue I have is that everyone (near enough) expected us to remain so the plan for leave isn't so planned out and is quite spontaneous (for now) which is why we need a strong leader (please not Boris) to strengthen our economy and nation and to move forward.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The absolutely disgusting insults from both sides is unbelievable. You'd think these adults were behaving more like 12-year-olds.
drogon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
let's be honest the bulk of it is from brexiters
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
The absolutely disgusting insults from both sides is unbelievable. You'd think these adults were behaving more like 12-year-olds.
:teehee:
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
I know, my Facebook timeline is still reeling from so many young people truly disgusted by the result and with their whole memes about 'Old people deserve to not vote, they'll be dead soon' and some of these people I can truly say, never seemed the type to be 'political' or even have the maturity to vote.
junayd1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
are people still goin on about this ********. jesus
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
(Original post by drogon)
let's be honest the bulk of it is from brexiters
I don't want to generalise anymore (done that too much) but Bremainers give it as good as they can get, there are a select few on here who are Bremainers and just infuriate me with their language and slurs, no wonder why Brexiters put them down.
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
(Original post by junayd1998)
are people still goin on about this ********. jesus
99% of today's threads are about the result, most of them are really appalling and cruel and I seriously think in real life no one is that passionate about the result (as much as they are on here) but on here everyone is a keyboard warrior and spews hate.
Boss_Rhythm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rhythmical)
x
Hi :hi:

I think I'm disrespecting a huge matter for adults...
Anywho
https://youtu.be/qBce7ozoSpI
junayd1998
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
99% of today's threads are about the result, most of them are really appalling and cruel and I seriously think in real life no one is that passionate about the result (as much as they are on here) but on here everyone is a keyboard warrior and spews hate.
I know but why do people care so much on here its so dead TSR is just ****ing ******** now with all this EU crap idec
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
I know but why do people care so much on here its so dead TSR is just ****ing ******** now with all this EU crap idec
Well it is a huge part of our lives that has now been changed, and because it's affected everyone in the UK, a lot of people feel the need to speak their mind and engage in discussion with those online rather than face to face which is albeit much more harder.

(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
Hi :hi:

I think I'm disrespecting a huge matter for adults...
Anywho
https://youtu.be/qBce7ozoSpI
Cute video! I saw you two minutes and fifty seconds into the video!
junayd1998
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well it is a huge part of our lives that has now been changed, and because it's affected everyone in the UK, a lot of people feel the need to speak their mind and engage in discussion with those online rather than face to face which is albeit much more harder.

Cute video! I saw you two minutes and fifty seconds into the video!
Yes i am very aware of that it is a huge part of our lives but its happened now lets just move on, instead of talking alot of **** about it, geez man.
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
Yes i am very aware of that it is a huge part of our lives but its happened now lets just move on, instead of talking alot of **** about it, geez man.
Careful you'll upset many people on TSR There should be just one thread on it, how we can move forward instead 'I'm so upset!' 'Bremainer **** in my shoe as I voted leave!' 'Leaver voter told me to go back to my country!' most people are trolling,
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hear, hear!
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexion)
Hear, hear!
With that avatar, you could easily rule Britain, you look like a great leader who will hail us with prosperity.
junayd1998
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Careful you'll upset many people on TSR There should be just one thread on it, how we can move forward instead 'I'm so upset!' 'Bremainer **** in my shoe as I voted leave!' 'Leaver voter told me to go back to my country!' most people are trolling,
Idgaf tbh lmao. I know this is meant to the be the Student Room not the EU debate Room lmao sighhhhhhhhhhhhh
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
Idgaf tbh lmao. I know this is meant to the be the Student Room not the EU debate Room lmao sighhhhhhhhhhhhh
The Political Room is the new name. I reckon some people on here who are quite critical didn't actually even vote. This is all we are going to hear for a while, other forums will be just as bad.
Adamski191
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You know what??? I support Brexit and I completely agree that the arguments are just getting babyish. Just because you want people to understand your argument, does not mean that you can spout out idiotic *******s and give absolutely vulgar insults to others who simply wish to make their belief known. Forgive me for getting a little defensive, but it's true. The arguments have just gone too far.

PS, I'm probably too late to be commenting on this...oh well.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Well you're just a smelly poohead :/
junayd1998
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Political Room is the new name. I reckon some people on here who are quite critical didn't actually even vote. This is all we are going to hear for a while, other forums will be just as bad.
Yeah it is. Prolly. Yep. Oh well it will die down in a month or 2 and no one will seem to give ****. What a ****ing surprise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.58%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
10.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.42%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.33%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (30)
9.4%
Financial worries (22)
6.9%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
4.39%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.96%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise