Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Thanks for reading my thread! I am currently finishing year 9 and im not shure if i should be happy with the predicted grades my school gave me. They are:
    Mathematics-A
    English Lit-A*
    English Lang-A*
    Geography-A*
    History-A
    Biology-A*
    Physics-A*
    Chemisty-A
    German-B

These are the GCSEs im doing in year 10&11. Are they OK? Im worried about German!

ReputationRep:
    Why you worried? So you think A* and As is really bad your even lucky to be having that as your predicted grades besides you're in year 9 don't stress leave that for year 11 bruv!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people think As and Bs are bad... Some people arent as lucky as you. You should feel proud of what you can achieve. However it is always good to strive higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoodStudent)
    Hi! Thanks for reading my thread! I am currently finishing year 9 and im not shure if i should be happy with the predicted grades my school gave me. They are:
    Mathematics-A
    English Lit-A*
    English Lang-A*
    Geography-A*
    History-A
    Biology-A*
    Physics-A*
    Chemisty-A
    German-B

These are the GCSEs im doing in year 10&11. Are they OK? Im worried about German!
    It doesn't matter what the school predicts what matters is the grades you get on results day. Someone I know had target grades of C's in everything and at results day he got straight A's and A*'s

ReputationRep:
    They would be great grades if you achieve them. However atm they mean nothing, so work hard to achieve and surpass them.

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics-A
    English Lit-A*
    English Lang-A*
    Geography-A*
    History-A
    Biology-A*
    Physics-A*
    Chemisty-A
    German-B

They are fantastic just keep working hard and try to excel them.

ReputationRep:
    English Lang-A*
    shure
    In all seriousness though, I don't know how on Earth you can consider those grades bad. There are only 4 subjects that aren't an A*, and one that isn't an A. It almost looks as if you're trying to brag. Just relax, you're in year 9, you've got ages yet...

ReputationRep:
    Predictions mean Absolutley nothing. IMO, you should aim for the Grades you want to achieve, not those the school wants you to..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.