Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On the bottom of the main page there's a section with 3 threads named ' Today's Events' - is it new? And what's it there for?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did do a search but nothing came up

ReputationRep:
    you can add events yourself, it also has all the birthdays of ALL the members, click onthe pic on the right of the box and you can see the whole calander or add your own event, if you go to the top right of that screen.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info Louise, I've never noticed it before! I don't think it's mentioned in the FAQ (although someone will probably prove me wrong) since I checked there too...

ReputationRep:
    It disappeared for a while but seems to have made a return.

ReputationRep:
    It knows how old I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Where has it gone now??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Where has it gone now??
    It must be becuase there are no events today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It must be becuase there are no events today.
    but then how do you add more events if we can't get to it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    but then how do you add more events if we can't get to it??
    I suppose we can't - maybe only d can access it, it was him adding his illegal rave that brought it back anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I suppose we can't - maybe only d can access it, it was him adding his illegal rave that brought it back anyway.
    we can add them - i added the 1st may EU expansion event.

edit - there we go - just added one

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone add events?
    I was attempting to add the Scottish results day, but it said I didn't have permission .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Can anyone add events?
    I was attempting to add the Scottish results day, but it said I didn't have permission .
    I think it must be another perk of being a subscriber, as I don't have access to it either. I think it's because otherwise it would be open to abuse and if you just have a few people allowed to use it, at least they can easily be brought up for it (and have their priveledges taken away), but I don't see that happening really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    I think it must be another perk of being a subscriber, as I don't have access to it either. I think it's because otherwise it would be open to abuse and if you just have a few people allowed to use it, at least they can easily be brought up for it (and have their priveledges taken away), but I don't see that happening really.
    I wondered if it was a subscriber thing.
    Ah well, I'll just have to beg shiny to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I wondered if it was a subscriber thing.
    Ah well, I'll just have to beg shiny to do it
    what date is it?

ReputationRep:
    Tuesday 10th August

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.